Punishment for Covid lock down violations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Punishment for Covid lock down violations

Post by atst »

Feel free to add but only after idiots are convicted, lets see if the sentencing is proportional to a persons status or income.

Former Major General sentenced to 1.5 years in prison for drinking party during lockdown
Buth Reaksmey Kongkea / Khmer Times,
Former Major General Ung Chanthuok (C) was convicted of hosting a party during the lockdown. Supplied
Click here to get Khmer Times Breaking News direct into your Telegram
FacebookTwitterEmailShare
The Phnom Penh Municipal Court this afternoon convicted and sentenced the former National Police deputy chief of staff Major General Ung Chanthuok and two others to between 12 and 18 months in prison each, for hosting a party during the lockdown in the capital.
The court also ordered the three of them to pay $5,000 each as a fine to the Ministry of Health.

Phnom Penh Municipal Court Judge Ouk Sovannarith said that Chanthuok, 45, has been sentenced to one year and six months in prison while Lay Phearun, 28, and Kok Khi, 35, both domestic workers, were convicted to one year in prison each.
Sovannarith said they were charged with “Obstruction of the implementation of Article 11” of the Law on the Prevention of COVID-19 and the Prevention of Infectious Diseases and Article 47 of the Criminal Code.

He added that they were arrested on April 16 in Phnom Penh’s Meanchey district.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Punishment for Covid lock down violations

Post by atst »

Chinese male to be deported and banned from entry for life for violating health measures in Sihanoukville
Khmer Times

Chinese national in SIhanoukville who will be deported and banned from re-entering Cambodia for life. Supplied
Click here to get Khmer Times Breaking News direct into your Telegram
FacebookTwitterEmailShare
Sihanouk Provincial Administration and Immigration police are preparing the documents to deport a Chinese man and ban him from re-entering Cambodia forever for violating health measures, as the country is dealing with massive increase of new cases.

Keang Pirom, spokesman for Sihanoukville Provincial Hall, said the police arrested the Chinese man today for breaking the rules during lockdown, including wearing mask.

“After the arrest, the provincial governor ordered the Police to prepare the deportation procedure and to ban this Chinese man from entering Cambodia forever,” he said.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

deported and banned from entry for life seem fair enough.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Lonely elephant, name Kaavan, recently returned to Cambodia seeks new role... :stir:
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Instead of adding I am going to edit the 2 posts

post 1
3 people convicted of hosting/partaking a party during the lockdown.
Former Major General Ung Chanthuok jailed for 18 months.
Lay Phearun and Kok Khi, both domestic workers, jailed for 12 months.
Each person got a $5000 fine.

post2
(arrested, yes. convicted??)
Chinese national in Sihanoukville to be deported and banned from re-entering Cambodia for life for violating health measures.
(note: no need to mention it 5 times)
pebbles&nightsky
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Artisan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:34 pm Instead of adding I am going to edit the 2 posts

post 1

post2
Chinese national in Sihanoukville to be deported and banned from re-entering Cambodia for life for violating health measures.
Yeah, what happened to his 12 months in the slammer, plus a fine before deportation for life?
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am
Artisan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:34 pm Instead of adding I am going to edit the 2 posts

post 1

post2
Yeah, what happened to his 12 months in the slammer, plus a fine before deportation for life?
That makes absolutely no sense...
pebbles&nightsky
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic