Drunk Military Officer Arrested for Domestic Violence

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Drunk Military Officer Arrested for Domestic Violence

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Pursat): On April 27, 2021, at 5:30 pm, Buth Kimcheang, a 32-year-old man, a military doctor, was arrested for domestic violence after he threatened* to slice his mother's throat open and damaged property in a house in Chek Chao district, Krokor district, Pursat.
Spoiler:
The suspect was charged with being drunk and causing domestic violence toward his family. He was sent to Krokor police station following the legal procedure.

* The news item says that the man was "threatening" his mother, but the bloody photos indicate that the man suspect actually attacked his mother or other members of his family with a knife or sharp weapon.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Drunk Military Officer Arrested for Domestic Violence

Post by Chad Sexington »

I’m no expert, but I don’t think those stains on the floor are blood.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:57 pm I’m no expert, but I don’t think those stains on the floor are blood.
Booze ?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:00 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:57 pm I’m no expert, but I don’t think those stains on the floor are blood.
Booze ?
Maybe? I don’t wish to make light of domestic violence, but it looks possibly as if he’s spilled his booze and pissed on the push chair (stroller, for our American friends)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:24 pm push chair (stroller, for our American friends)
pram?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:24 pm push chair (stroller, for our American friends)
pram?
We’re getting off topic, but seeing as you asked, a pram (perambulator) is usually bigger, allowing for a child to lie down in, and usually has larger diameter wheels. The wheels were ideal for making “soap box cars” known as “bogies” where I come from, not to be confused with Bogans, for our Australian friends. Did I just get us back on the topic of out of control pissheads?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

a military doctor
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It seems like about half the crimes reported recently have been committed by police or soldiers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:00 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm
pram?
We’re getting off topic, but seeing as you asked, a pram (perambulator) is usually bigger, allowing for a child to lie down in, and usually has larger diameter wheels. The wheels were ideal for making “soap box cars” known as “bogies” where I come from, not to be confused with Bogans, for our Australian friends. Did I just get us back on the topic of out of control pissheads?
“bogies” has in trolleys, not to be confused with the snot picked from someone's nose. Bogies, the elite ones we made as youngsters had the wheels from the Rolls Royce of prams "Silver cross".

Why are Silver Cross prams called the Rolls Royce of prams?
Posters of the time portray Silver Cross prams alongside Rolls Royce cars, leading to the unofficial title 'the Rolls Royce of Prams'. During the 1960s, Silver Cross prams were seen as unfashionable, and old-fashioned compared to the changing consumer culture of the time.

I suppose at the time being youngsters we were lucky living near the manufacturing of
Silver Cross in Yorkshire.
Drinking can give you thought and memories, back on subject, in this guy's world, drink can lead to violence.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

And now the Khmer fairy sends this very bad man off to live his karma.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic