Overstayed British Teacher to be Deported from Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Overstayed British Teacher to be Deported from Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE - Over and Out
This was posted on social media yesterday, 9 June 2021. Nicholas Leavsley says that he is now back in the UK and receiving medical attention for a hernia.

Nicholas Leavsley
Posted yesterday
Attention! To all that want to teach in Cambodia be careful there is many bad school's that enjoy cheating money from the foreigner but not all A.B.I. is a good school to teach at i would recommend by the meaning is American Bridge International school is good and Sovvanaphum i would recommend Smart Kids International school yes a very good school Mr Seng Long a very nice man the Ceo of the school and his wife
The problem is bad school Principals and bad ones like Dewey International school Mr Bunny nasty and a thief.
I taught there they cheated money from me 200 dollars from my salary then i left they got angry with me tried to make a problem for me they told me i had broke my contract by leaving i didn't give notice to resign which they broke the contract first by not paying me the salary that they put in the contract.
Then they posted something bad about me on facebook which was not true to make me look bad and so i couldn't get a job teaching again.
I had some parents of my students come a d ask me why i left because they didn't believe the school i told them the truth as i don't lie to no one as a strict Christian i believe in the truth only.
The next thing happened was that I got a job at Masters International School and Bunny and the school got angry and made a problem for me again the lady of the room i rented was a friend of Bunny and the school Principal so he bought the immigration Police to my room to take me out of course the school paid them as it was not legal as it wasn't an Immigration passport problem they wanted to intimidate me into stopping teaching at Dewey International school and leave Sisapon.
I left i couldn't get a job anywhere so i ended up back in the u.k. It's important that all teachers know about this as i don't want this to happen to you this also happened to Khmer teachers and T/A too but too scared to complain as these are gangsters.
Please be careful teaching there.
Nicholas Leavsley
Yesterday
I want to say a big thank you first to the H.M.O. and the U.k
Embassy in Cambodia getting me home as i have a serious hernia problem and the Immigration Police and the u.k Embassy was advised to get me home as quickly as possible and the fact that i was out of work since the beginning of covid 19 as a teacher in Cambodia and when the covid 19 happened in Cambodia the school's finished 2 years now my money finished don't let this happen to you the Immigration Detention Center it's not nice being locked up the Same as a criminal when the only thing i did wrong was to have no money for a visa and no help from the Cambodia Government in to waver my overstay and help me with a free visa extension
Nicholas Leavsley Facebook page
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

All this time I figured he was an English teacher, as in, an educator of English, and I know see that it is actually, as in a British teacher. His correspondence set me straight. Wonder what he taught, I thought. Possibly, A-Grade Advanced Social Skills With In-depth Personal Emphasis Towards Honing Activities That, Specifically, Merit Examination (A-GRADEASSWIPETHATSME). So you guys should cut him some slack.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I doubt he'd pass his SATs.

Horrendous.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic