new smart phone

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

new smart phone

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I bought a new smart phone from a mate, Cubot C30, usual cost around £150 I got it for £50. But there is no instruction manual. I emailed Cubot and got a download of how to put in the sim and switch in on and thats it.
I emailed them and they said "smart phone use is universal, ask your family and friends" Does anybody had a suggestions how I can get a manual ? It will be my first smart phone so I have no experience of how to use one and I don't fancy staring at the screen for hours on end trying to do a simple task.

cheers
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: new smart phone

Post by xandreu »

All smartphones (except Apple iPhones) run the same software - Android. There are small differences between each device but they generally all operate in the same way. You don't really need a manual for your particular phone, you just need a beginners guide to Android.

Something like this

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Thank you. I will have a look at that site and I expect there are others. I just don't have the patience to do trial and error, anyway I have never used a smart phone so will be starting from scratch. :thumb:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm I bought a new smart phone from a mate, Cubot C30, usual cost around £150 I got it for £50. But there is no instruction manual. I emailed Cubot and got a download of how to put in the sim and switch in on and thats it.
I emailed them and they said "smart phone use is universal, ask your family and friends" Does anybody had a suggestions how I can get a manual ? It will be my first smart phone so I have no experience of how to use one and I don't fancy staring at the screen for hours on end trying to do a simple task.

cheers
Heres a review

If you google Cubot C30 manual you will get quite a lot of hits but not all are useful. I got a manual from alzashop.com on my phone but when I repeated the search on my laptop it did not give the pdf manual link may need to play around a bit. Good luck
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

When you get the shits with it, count to ten grab a beer before you throw it against the wall
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:57 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm I bought a new smart phone from a mate, Cubot C30, usual cost around £150 I got it for £50. But there is no instruction manual. I emailed Cubot and got a download of how to put in the sim and switch in on and thats it.

cheers
Heres a review

If you google Cubot C30 manual you will get quite a lot of hits but not all are useful. I got a manual from alzashop.com on my phone but when I repeated the search on my laptop it did not give the pdf manual link may need to play around a bit. Good luck
I tried searching on my laptop and the best I could find was the basics. I emailed Cubot and they basically said ask friends and family, so it seems they don't do a manual. I will probably sell it on, £60-£70 hopefully
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

atst wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:06 pm When you get the shits with it, count to ten grab a beer before you throw it against the wall
Which is exactly the reason why i will sell it on rather than spend hours trying to do something, succeeding and then forgetting how i did it :facepalm:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:14 pm
atst wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:06 pm When you get the shits with it, count to ten grab a beer before you throw it against the wall
Which is exactly the reason why i will sell it on rather than spend hours trying to do something, succeeding and then forgetting how i did it :facepalm:
Battle on with it once you get it set up there great , for photos, email, banking and surfing CEO
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

It's still in the box unused, once I put in a sim card I am not sure how much i will get if I resell it. Am looking at a Nokia 2.4 . Manual is online and I know a couple of people that have one. Still thinking about it. I won't be gaming, watching u tube, banking, or doing elaborate photo editing so maybe a basic Nokia 2.4 will suffice
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Unless you are in Phnom Penh then you will have to throw it against the wall as we ran out of beer. :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic