Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by Kammekor »

I know there's no room for comments here, but maybe there is room for a prediction?

If they open the gates of Phnom Penh tomorrow loads will run to the provinces and we'll see four digit daily numbers every day in fourteen days.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kammekor wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm I know there's no room for comments here, but maybe there is room for a prediction?

If they open the gates of Phnom Penh tomorrow loads will run to the provinces and we'll see four digit daily numbers every day in fourteen days.
Too late ? How did these people get to leave Phnom Penh for Siem Reap (before the end of lockdown) ? To be continued.
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:07 pm ^ Siem Reap outbreak:
48 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
Siem Reap found 3 new COVID-19 cases
The authorities in Siem Reap confirmed that they have detected 3 new COVID-19 patients in the province.

The new patients, all living at Dak Po village, Sangkat Slor Kram of Siem Reap city, are identified as Mon Polin, female, 46, Srey Pov, female, 47 and Mam Sokhen, male, 47.

All of them arrived in Siem Reap from Phnom Penh on April 19, and the results of their second COVID-19 test came back positive yesterday.

Siem Reap Provincial Authorities has called for people who have been in contact with the new patients to come for testing and quarantine themselves and monitor their health.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50851934/s ... -19-cases/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Last week I reported a car full of people coming from Phnom Penh entering my village. The police intercepted and made them quarantine. How many they did not intercept nationwide I don't know. But if people can travel from Phnom Penh to the most remote province they can travel anywhere. These people crossed 5-6 province borders when coming from Phnom Penh.

Tomorrow a big exodus will start, at least that's what I expect. But I am sure the competent authorities are prepared (that was a positive exaggeration).

At least all these examples show Phnom Penh wasn't closed of.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kammekor wrote:Last week I reported a car full of people coming from Phnom Penh entering my village. The police intercepted and made them quarantine. How many they did not intercept nationwide I don't know. But if people can travel from Phnom Penh to the most remote province they can travel anywhere. These people crossed 5-6 province borders when coming from Phnom Penh.

Tomorrow a big exodus will start, at least that's what I expect. But I am sure the competent authorities are prepared (that was a positive exaggeration).

That's why lockdowns don't really work all that well. All you need is ONE person and you've got a new cluster.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 pm
Kammekor wrote:Last week I reported a car full of people coming from Phnom Penh entering my village. The police intercepted and made them quarantine. How many they did not intercept nationwide I don't know. But if people can travel from Phnom Penh to the most remote province they can travel anywhere. These people crossed 5-6 province borders when coming from Phnom Penh.

That's why lockdowns don't really work all that well. All you need is ONE person and you've got a new cluster.
Yeah but without the lockdown you have 100 or 1000 new clusters.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

FYI this topic post490090.html#p490090 has been moved for discussion here: post490148.html#p490148

(Trying to keep the thread on track for breaking information on Covid in Cambodia. Thanks to all contributors.)
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

All the Red Tape at the top of 154/Norodom has been removed which implies Phsar Kandal 2 is now a Yellow zone. (I can see from my balcony.

Has Kandal 1 gone Yellow as well? Wakey wakey @timmydownawell
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:38 am All the Red Tape at the top of 154/Norodom has been removed which implies Phsar Kandal 2 is now a Yellow zone. (I can see from my balcony.

The tape has gone from Riverside, going north from 154. First the storm blew it all down and now it has all been removed.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:38 am All the Red Tape at the top of 154/Norodom has been removed which implies Phsar Kandal 2 is now a Yellow zone. (I can see from my balcony.

Pretty much the whole of central Phnom Penh has gone yellow. From russian market to wat Phnom
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic