Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Post by Cambo Dear »

Could someone please confirm if my unvaccinated 10 year-old will have to quarantine if we visit under current rules? My wife and I are fully vaccinated, but we won't have my daughter vaccinated. According to .GOV.UK website, she would have to quarantine, bio wonder if this is strictly accurate? Anyone with experience in this, could you please confirm either way? Thanks so much in advance!
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Cambo Dear wrote:Could someone please confirm if my unvaccinated 10 year-old will have to quarantine if we visit under current rules? My wife and I are fully vaccinated, but we won't have my daughter vaccinated. According to .GOV.UK website, she would have to quarantine, bio wonder if this is strictly accurate? Anyone with experience in this, could you please confirm either way? Thanks so much in advance!
If you are vaccinated your child won't have to quarantine....
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Thanks so much for this - we are fully vaccinated so we won't have to quarantine!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

June 1, 2022
Cambodia to produce more than 100 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine for use in 2024-2026

Cambodia is set to produce more than 100 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine for use in 2024-2026 by itself with the license granted by Sinovac factory in China.

Prime Minister HE said in a voice message released on his Facebook page said that Cambodia will produce the vaccine against Covid-19 through a local company which will be cooperating with the Sinovac company in China.

“We need 104,873,157 doses of Covid-19 vaccine for use in 2024-2026, which means the local company, assisted by the Chinese company will need to produce 35 million doses every year as backup doses since the Covid-19 virus is still a global pandemic,” he said

The premier added that the Cambodian company has obtained a license and signed an MOU with the Chinese Sinovac company to produce the vaccine in the country.

“In 2022-2023 we will use the vaccine in stock and those which has yet to arrive to administer as the booster and basic doses for the general public. The vaccine is from China – 15 million doses, 5,515,850 doses from the United States and 500,000 doses for children will come from Australia,” he noted.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501086173/ ... 2024-2026/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

CEO News notes: We report the news as it is reported, and take no responsibility for the claims in the following new item.

June 8, 2022
Cambodia – COVID-free at last
Khmer Times

Cambodia has become a state of COVID-zero after the last patient recovered, according to a health ministry’s statement on Tuesday.

The country reported no new cases of COVID-19 for 31 days straight, the statement said, adding that since the pandemic began in January 2020, the southeast Asian nation has logged a total of 136,262 confirmed cases with 133,206 recoveries and 3,056 deaths.

Health ministry’s secretary of state and spokeswoman Or Vandine attributed the country’s success in controlling the pandemic to the government’s right leadership and the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.

“Cambodian Prime Minister HE has made the right and timely decision to provide free COVID-19 vaccines to all eligible Cambodians and foreigners living in the country,” she told reporters via a telegram group.

“Vaccines are the most powerful tool to protect lives against COVID-19, reducing infections and deaths,” Vandine said.

Cambodia has so far vaccinated at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccines to over 15 million people, or 94 percent of its 16 million population, the health ministry said, adding that of them, 14.3 million, or 89.4 percent, have been fully vaccinated with two required shots.

Also, some 9.25 million, or 58 percent, have got a third dose, and 2.58 million, or 16 percent, have had a fourth dose.

Cambodia will begin offering a fifth dose of COVID-19 vaccines to priority groups from June 9.

Buoyed by its high vaccination rates, Cambodia has resumed all socioeconomic activities and reopened its borders to fully vaccinated travelers without quarantine since November last year.

Most of the COVID-19 vaccines used in the country are China’s Sinovac and Sinopharm.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501090172/ ... e-at-last/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Wonder what the Chinese think of this as most of the vaccines were donated by China but thier still in lockdowns.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:24 am Wonder what the Chinese think of this as most of the vaccines were donated by China but thier still in lockdowns.
It's baffling, the world has let Omicron rip through and are getting passed Covid. Even super cautious New Zealand decided to take it on the chin and is now opened up. However, for some reason China is still running scared of it. It makes me wonder what the vax rates really are in China or if they know their vax is useless.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:20 pm
atst wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:24 am Wonder what the Chinese think of this as most of the vaccines were donated by China but thier still in lockdowns.
It's baffling, the world has let Omicron rip through and are getting passed Covid. Even super cautious New Zealand decided to take it on the chin and is now opened up. However, for some reason China is still running scared of it. It makes me wonder what the vax rates really are in China or if they know their vax is useless.
It is baffling. However I recall reading about the situation in Shanghai and apparently a lot of older people have not been vaccinated. That to me is even more baffling coz here is an authoritarian state that can weld doors shut to prevent covid spread, kick people out of their apartments to convert to makeship hospitals...yet, they somehow didn't make it mandatory for older, more vulnerable citizens to get vaxed. Makes no sense at all..
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:20 pm
Not sure if vax was useless it seemed to work here in KOW apparently, the other theory is there is something else going on and China isn't telling.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

June 19, 2022
202,708 in Cambodia receive 5th dose of COVID-19 vaccine
An estimated 202,708 people in Cambodia have received the 5th dose of the COVID-19 vaccine since the campaign began on June 9, 2022.

Of this number, 63,415 were females with a bulk of them, totalling 201,537 being adults aged and above and a remaining 1,171 were in the 12 to 18 age group.

Statistics revealed the Ministry of Health last night also showed that a total of 15,068,135 people across all age segments have received at least one dose of the basic two dose vaccine course, accounting to an estimated 94.18 percent of the 2019 estimated population of 16 million (2019 census).
- Khmer Times

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic