Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

COVID-19: No New Case for 11 Consecutive Days
AKP Phnom Penh, May 18, 2022 --

Cambodia has registered zero new case of COVID-19 for 11 days in a row; the tally thus remains at 136,262, the Ministry of Health announced in a press release made public this morning.

Of the tally, 21,219 are imported cases while 14,459 are locally transmitted Omicron cases, the source pointed out.

Moreover, there is also no new death, but a new recovery; the death toll and cured cases stood at 3,056 and 133,198, respectively.

Despite the success, Prime Minister Samdech Techo HE has repeatedly appealed to his compatriots to continue to stick to the health preventive measures and to get vaccinated.

The first COVID-19 case was found in Cambodia in late January 2020 in Preah Sihanouk province.
By C. Nika
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

5th Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine to be Administered Next Month
Phnom Penh, May 20, 2022 --

Cambodia will begin the administration of the 5th doses of COVID-19 vaccine to the frontliners on June 9, 2022 onward, Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE announced in a voice message shared this evening.

The gap between the 4th and 5th jabs is at least 3 months, underlined Samdech Techo HE, adding that civil servants, armed forces, journalists, presenters, artists, members of diplomatic corps, UN officers and staff of national and international organisations are the priority groups for the 5th dose.

At the same time, the Premier announced that Cambodia has detected no new case of COVID-19 for 14 days in a row.

Only 8 patients remain hospitalised, including 4 in Phnom Penh capital and 4 in Battambang province, he pointed out.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

5th dose......wow. Do you have a link to this article?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

roadman wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:54 am 5th dose......wow. Do you have a link to this article?
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/254543

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Scary experiment.Glad I'm not one of them.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

atst wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:24 pm Scary experiment.Glad I'm not one of them.
Unless you're living on Mars you're taking part. Think of yourself as a member of the control group whose high death rate proves the effectiveness of the vaccines.
Scarier than malaria.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ali baba wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:24 pm
atst wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:24 pm Scary experiment.Glad I'm not one of them.
Unless you're living on Mars you're taking part. Think of yourself as a member of the control group whose high death rate proves the effectiveness of the vaccines.
I think he means the endless boosters, not the initial vaccinations.

Two jabs at the start when Covid looked nasty was prudent enough. When Omicron arrived a booster was taken up by many, including me.

But having had Covid twice, despite all the vaccines, and having zero symptoms except loss of taste and smell for a few days on the first occasion, I am no longer prepared to be part of the treatment group. I am quite happy watching them have 4,5,6 doses and see what happens.

I bet I'm not alone taking up this position.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I was a late starter after being turned down for the initial vaccine (2 of the Chinese ones) they messed up once more so I actually had 3 shots. I had my booster not long ago, but again I was in Kampong Cham, so had to settle for the Chinese one once again.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Is the next vaccination drive in Cambodia (the fifth dose rollout) strictly necessary , or is it simply a question of "waste not, want not" ?

May 23, 2022
Cambodia poised for fifth Covid jabs as vaccines face expiration
Cambodia is pushing its vaccination drive as millions of doses of Covid-19 vaccines are set to expire soon and the government hopes it will help achieve herd immunity.

Prime Minister HE told a gathering of Cambodians in Zurich, Switzerland, that a fifth dose rollout will begin on June 9, starting with frontline workers.

He said Cambodia has 10 million doses in stock and they need to be administered before they expire.

“We have received large quantities of vaccines from many countries in Europe and also China. We received more than 52 million doses and 42 million have been already used,” he said.

He said the remainder will be used in the latest drive across the nation for frontliners and those in the high-risk category.

“The gap between the fourth and fifth jabs must be at least three months. The civil servants, armed forces, journalists, presenters, artists, members of the diplomatic corps, UN officers and staff of national and international organizations are in the priority groups for the fifth dose,” he said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501080090/ ... xpiration/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I went for my 4th dose 3 months and 3 weeks after my 3rd and was told I had to wait 4 months and to come back next week. If there are big queues/ crowds next week I'll delay it further.
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic