Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

All Gatherings Allowed Without Limited Number of Participants [Note: Except for KTVs and Nightclubs]
AKP Phnom Penh, November 12, 2021 --

The Royal Government has allowed other gatherings, in addition to wedding and religious ceremonies, without limiting the number of participants.

“Other general gatherings for work or any activities and celebrations such as gatherings of citizens, youth, students and workers, as well as those of government officials and the armed forces, and those in accordance with the law organised by political parties are also authorised,” announced Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE in a Facebook post this evening.

The Premier emphasised that gatherings of an unlimited number of people must comply with health safety rules to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

In a special voice message released earlier, Samdech Techo HE said the number of participants at a wedding ceremony or a religious ceremony is not limited anymore, but the health safety rules and other preventive measures have to be strictly implemented.

More or less people invited depends on the size of the venue, but the safety distancing of 1.5 metre and other health preventive measures are a must, he underlined, urging for the invitation of only guests fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

For KTVs and night clubs, they need to wait until after Nov. 30, Samdech Techo HE reiterated, explaining that they are high-risk areas which need to be reopened with safety preparations.

Cambodia has reopened the country in all domains since Nov. 1, 2021. As of Nov. 11, 87.70 percent of the total population of 16 million have been inoculated against COVID-19 pandemic.
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/242557
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

COVID-19: Only 55 New Cases Detected
AKP Phnom Penh, November 14, 2021 --

Daily new cases of COVID-19 in Cambodia remain low, at 55 this morning, of which 6 were imported, the Ministry of Health announced in a press release.

These are PCR test results, stressed the same source, adding that the national counts now rose to 119,536, including 19,735 imported cases.

Besides, 62 new recoveries, but 6 new deaths (4 of them have not been vaccinated) were recorded; bringing the total cured and death cases in the Kingdom to 115,924 and 2,867, respectively.
C. Nika, AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:32 pm COVID-19: Only 55 New Cases Detected

Daily new cases of COVID-19 in Cambodia remain low, at 55 this morning, of which 6 were imported, the Ministry of Health announced in a press release.

These are PCR test results, stressed the same source, adding that the national counts now rose to 119,536, including 19,735 imported cases.

Besides, 62 new recoveries, but 6 new deaths (4 of them have not been vaccinated) were recorded; bringing the total cured and death cases in the Kingdom to 115,924 and 2,867, respectively.
C. Nika, AKP
I found out the secret behind the low numbers. PCR test are now denied for free, only available for $$$$.
All my neighbors have covid now and they were all denied a test. They would have accounted for a 10% increase of the daily number. :stir:
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:51 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:32 pm COVID-19: Only 55 New Cases Detected

C. Nika, AKP
I found out the secret behind the low numbers. PCR test are now denied for free, only available for $$$$.
All my neighbors have covid now and they were all denied a test. They would have accounted for a 10% increase of the daily number. :stir:
Some experts are saying long time already to stop counting everyone, time to move one, just count seriously ill and hospitalized patients. I know few vaccinated (Sino---) people who got covid. They were just a bit sick, tested negative after 4-6 days again.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Cases of COVID-19 Drop to Under 50 This Morning
AKP Phnom Penh, November 16, 2021 --

The daily cases of COVID-19 in Cambodia dropped to only 48 this morning; bringing the tally to 119,636.

These are PCR test results, the Ministry of Health pointed out, adding that 11 of which were imported and the rest were linked to the Feb. 20 community outbreak.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:29 pm New Cases of COVID-19 Drop to Under 50 This Morning

The daily cases of COVID-19 in Cambodia dropped to only 48 this morning; bringing the tally to 119,636.

These are PCR test results, the Ministry of Health pointed out, adding that 11 of which were imported and the rest were linked to the Feb. 20 community outbreak.
- AKP
Reports contain less and less info....
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:11 pm

C. Nika, AKP
Some experts are saying long time already to stop counting everyone, time to move one, just count seriously ill and hospitalized patients. I know few vaccinated (Sino---) people who got covid. They were just a bit sick, tested negative after 4-6 days again.
Two months ago any case resulted in a full closure of the place, possibly followed by a full lockdown of the street. Now they don't even bother to test. I just wonder what new insights led to this.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:32 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:11 pm

C. Nika, AKP
Two months ago any case resulted in a full closure of the place, possibly followed by a full lockdown of the street. Now they don't even bother to test. I just wonder what new insights led to this.
I know, I couldnt leave my apartment for 2 weeks because a guy on my floor tested positive in June. :please:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:27 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:29 pm New Cases of COVID-19 Drop to Under 50 This Morning

- AKP
Reports contain less and less info....
To be honest - the report on the AKP website had additional information, but it doesn't seem to add much news, so it was abbreviated.
Here is the full article for 16 November:
New Cases of COVID-19 Drop to Under 50 This Morning

Meanwhile, 45 more patients have recovered, while 4 others have died (2 of them have not been vaccinated); the total cured and death cases in the Kingdom rose to 116,024 and 2,876, respectively.

The first COVID-19 case was detected in Cambodia in late January 2020 in Preah Sihanouk province. The confirmed cases have surged quickly this year due to the Feb. 20 community outbreak.

By C. Nika , AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19: Daily Cases Fall to 45; Tally 119,786
AKP Phnom Penh, November 19, 2021 --

Cambodia’s new cases of COVID-19 fell to only 45 this morning; bringing the national counts to 119,786.

These are PCR test results, the ministry underlined, continuing that 5 of which were imported and the rest were linked to the Feb. 20 community outbreak.

Besides, the same source reported 48 new recoveries, but 4 new deaths (all of them have not been vaccinated); the total cured and death cases in the Kingdom stood at 116,170 and 2,891, respectively.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic