Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

COVID-19: New Recoveries Surpass 1,000, but 954 New Infections
AKP Phnom Penh, July 08, 2021 --

Cambodia registered up to 1,046 new recoveries from the COVID-19 this morning; bringing the total recovered cases to 50,020, according to a press release of the Ministry of Health.

At the same time, 954 new cases were reported; the tally rose to 58,057, pointed out the same source, adding that among the new infections, 136 are imported, and the rest are community cases related to the Feb. 20 outbreak.

Besides, it underlined, the pandemic claimed 27 new lives; the death toll jumped to 825.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
themistyseas
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by themistyseas »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:04 pm
Kow4me1 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:51 am
insane. 12.7% positive rate. I suspect its much worse than that and after a year of successfully keeping this at bay, the victory is turning into a full blown defeat. The borders arent going to open anytime soon with news like this
With over 200 imported cases everyday it seems the borders are wide open already...
Do we have any detail on where those imported cases are coming from? I know that they have cut back on the granular detail of positives as cases have increased, but I do wonder if there's any information about whether that's mostly folks crossing via land or air. Given the Thailand situation one would be inclined to think the majority of it are workers coming back home rather than people who need a negative test and $2000 to board a plane.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

27 seconds ago - BREAKING NEWS
Siem Reap vaccination campaign to start July 10th
Khmer Times

The Governor Of Siem Reap has announced that vaccinations in Siem Reap will start on July 10th.
In his social media post he said:

“I am very excited and happy that the Prime Minister and the Vaccination Commission have decided to provide vaccines to Siem Reap. I, along with the people in the province, would like to thank the Prime Minister for always taking care of Siem Reap and the people all over the country.

I would like to confirm to the people in Siem Reap about this work that we will receive a series of vaccines until we reach the “vaccination for everyone” as planned by: From July 10, 2021 in the next 14 days. The second step is that the 11 districts will confirm the time when we will receive the vaccine to our next province.

In that, I would like to appeal to our people as follows:

1. Maintain order gaps at vaccination sites in each commune.
2 – Do not compete and try to push each other to get the first shot.
3. People in the districts, please wait for the next step, please do not try to register for vaccination in Siem Reap, because we will have the vaccine to be vaccinated in your own district.
4- Please cooperate with the commune chief, the coordinator of the vaccination center near the house of the people.
5. For people outside of Siem Reap, please wait for the vaccine that the commission has assigned to your provinces.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/890225/sie ... july-10th/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19: 988 New Cases; Tally 59,045
AKP Phnom Penh, July 09, 2021 --

The total confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cambodia rose to 59,045 this morning with the detection of 988 new infections.

According to a press release of the Ministry of Health, of the new cases,199 are imported, and the rest are community cases linked to the Feb. 20 outbreak.

At the same time, 897 more patients have successfully been cured; bringing the total recovered cases in the Kingdom to 50,917.

Besides, the death toll rose to 855 after 30 new deaths were registered.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

This was posted tonight in the Khmer Times:
July 9, 2021
Current most ‘at risk’ COVID areas in Phnom Penh listed

The Sub Committee for COVID-19 has listed the districts of Phnom Penh by their ‘at risk’ status for COVID infection, using a 3 point scoring system.

They are:

🔴🔴🔴 Khan Dongkor (Prek Kompis)
🔴🔴🔴 Khan Russey Keo (Toul Sangke 1, Russey keo, Toul Songkee 2, Kilometer number 6)
🔴🔴🔴 Khan Pursenchey (Chom Chao 1, Chom Choo 3, Chao 2 Kap 1)
🔴🔴🔴 Khan Sen Sok (Oubak Kom, Kok Klang, Tmey, Phnom Penh, Krang Thnong)
🔴🔴 Khan Meanchey (Ongra Leu, Steung Meanchey 2, Beoung Tampun 1, Steung Mean Chey 1, Angre Krom)
🔴🔴 Khan Don Penh (Victory, Phnom Pagoda, Srong Chok, Kandal Market 1)
🔴🔴 Khan Toul Kork (Salang Lake, Boeng Kok 1, Boeng Kork 2)
🔴🔴 Khan Chbar Ampov (Niroth, Chbar Ampav 2, Vel Sbov, Prek Pra, Chbar Ammpov 1)
🔴🔴 Khan Boeung Keng Kang (Toul Svay Prey 1, Boeung Kang Keng Kang 3, Boeng Keng Kang Kang 1)
🔴🔴 Khan Kombol (Khank, Kambol, Kambool, Lang,)
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50891013/c ... nh-listed/

Ranking of Khans in Phnom Penh according to infection numbers. Highest first.
From the Covid sub-committee.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

SIEM REAP VACCINATIONS
Hotline numbers are listed below.

Siem Reap Province: Mr. Tei Seyha, Governor of Siemreap Province on the afternoon of July 9, 2021 has confirmed that vaccines brought to people in Siem Reap tomorrow are the Sinopharm type of vaccine which is a great gift from Cambodian government.
As long as the volunteers are in Siem Reap, there are valid documents in every condition of health ministry, it will be injected for free.

For all questions about this vaccine, you can contact Hot Line 012545943 / 017808884 / 010507567 0972468147

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

3/7 948
4/7 993
5/7 896
6/7 935
7/7 981
8/7 954
9/7 988

10/7 ? 950 +/- 49 either way.
Kow4me1
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Kow4me1 »

i dont believe it. Not with the 12.7% positive rate from 2 days ago.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19: 933 New Infections; 743 New Recoveries; 26 New Deaths
AKP Phnom Penh, July 10, 2021 --

The number of daily new infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cambodia remain high – almost 1,000 cases – since the beginning of this month.

This morning, 933 new cases were detected; bringing the tally to 59,978, according to a press release of the Ministry of Health.

Among the new infections, 200 are imported, and the rest are community cases linked to the Feb. 20 outbreak.

At the same time, 743 more patients have successfully recovered; the total cured cases in the Kingdom rose to 51,660.

Besides, 26 new deaths were recorded; the death toll jumped to 881.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

More Covid-19 statistics for Phnom Penh from the Sub Committee for COVID-19, from 8 July, posted on social media on 10 July.
Geographic spread of infections in Phnom Penh:
By age:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645324459589397/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic