Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

COVID NEWS from SIEM REAP
From Facebook yesterday.

Siem Reap Daily News
GRIM COVID FIGURES: DETECTED CASES HIGH, VACCINATION NUMBERS LOW AND A NEW REGISTRATION APP FOR PEOPLE ENTERING THE PROVINCE
Thirty-eight people were found to be Covid-19 positive and 1 found dead because of the disease on June 21, according to a report released by the Provincial Administration.
The deceased is from Damnak village, Sala Kamroeuk commune, Siem Reap city. He passed away on June 21, at 11 a.m. due to severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19.
The province currently has 625 cases, 166 recoveries, and 6 deaths.
The Thnal Chek market in Sotnikum district has been cordoned off since yesterday after a Covid-19 infected person had gone there.
Siem Reap, besides Phnom Penh, has seen one of the highest number of Covid-19 infections from markets, which have been closed and re opened time and again.
So far, 34,124 people in the province have been vaccinated—most of them Cambodians or former military plus 500 or so taxi and tuk-tuk drivers.
The Siem Reap Provincial Administration has also introduced a self-registration app for travellers entering and passing through the province to facilitate contact tracing.
The new self-registration started on June 21, and all travellers entering the province must complete registration at the provincial border or checkpoint. For individuals who do not understand the registration process, officials are on standby to provide assistance. For people without a smartphone, the administration will require written registration.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by cautious colin »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:37 pm I know this is no subject for discussion but with the number of cured people being higher than the newly infected people almost every day it seems we're in a country blessed by Buddha him/herself.
Spoiler:
or in a country where they cheat with the numbers
Active cases currently 4922. Which is less than the total number of cases for the last 8 days (less the deaths on those days)

Interesting... :chin:

Must be doing that second test VERY quickly
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I am currently in Phnom Penh but live in Ratanakiri. Things in Ratanakiri have really turned bad over the last week. In Borkeo, a small sleepy town, over 40 cases were detected. Ban Lung is at nearly 200 cases now. A temporary hospital has been set up in HE Phum Thmey highschool because local healthcare has been overwhelmed.
I don't shout 'panic' but from what I get from my friends in Ratanakiri this is big. Whispering goes cock fighting with loads of people gathering might have caused this.
The province is still sealed off for in- and outgoing people. So I can't go home.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 pm I am currently in Phnom Penh but live in Ratanakiri. Things in Ratanakiri have really turned bad over the last week. In Borkeo, a small sleepy town, over 40 cases were detected. Ban Lung is at nearly 200 cases now. A temporary hospital has been set up in HE Phum Thmey highschool because local healthcare has been overwhelmed.
I don't shout 'panic' but from what I get from my friends in Ratanakiri this is big. Whispering goes cock fighting with loads of people gathering might have caused this.
The province is still sealed off for in- and outgoing people. So I can't go home.
And, you've been tested to ensure you didn't bring the Ratanakiri Covid strain to Phnom Penh, right? :assasin:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:34 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 pm I am currently in Phnom Penh but live in Ratanakiri. Things in Ratanakiri have really turned bad over the last week. In Borkeo, a small sleepy town, over 40 cases were detected. Ban Lung is at nearly 200 cases now. A temporary hospital has been set up in HE Phum Thmey highschool because local healthcare has been overwhelmed.
And, you've been tested to ensure you didn't bring the Ratanakiri Covid strain to Phnom Penh, right? :assasin:
As you might expect my arrival in Phnom Penh was dealt with by the Competent Authorities in an extremely orderly manner. So don't worry.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Dark Yellow Zone in Phnom Penh
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Phnom Penh Capital Administration has issued a decision to define the geographical area "Loeung Tum" to define some parts of Choam Chao 3 village of Choam Chao II commune and some parts of Trapeang Po village, some parts of Prey Pring North 2 village and a part of Chompouvorn village 2 of Sangkat Choam Chao III, Khan Por Sen Chey, as "dark yellow area" to prevent the spread of Kovid 19 disease to "yellow area".
This is for a period of 14 days from zero hours on June 24, 2021 to July 7, 2021.
Source: areynews
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19: 655 New Cases; 72 Imported
AKP Phnom Penh, June 24, 2021 --

A total of 655 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) were reported this morning in Cambodia, of which 72 were imported, pointed out a press release of the Ministry of Health.

The new infections brought the total confirmed cases in the Kingdom to 45,366, it added.

At the same time, the ministry registered 696 new recoveries; the total cured cases thus surpassed the 40,000 mark.

Besides, the COVID-19 pandemic claimed 18 more lives; the death toll jumped to 493.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The number of imported infections continues to rise:

COVID-19: Some 700 New Infections; 113 Imported
AKP Phnom Penh, June 25, 2021 --

Cambodia registered 699 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) this morning; bringing the tally to 46,065, according to a press release of the Ministry of Health.

Of the new infections, 113 are imported and the rest are community cases linked to the Feb. 20 outbreak.

Meanwhile, 759 more patients have recovered; the total cured patients in the Kingdom rose to 40,769.

Besides, the COVID-19 death toll increased to 509 with 13 new deaths recorded.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

According to the KT, Cambodia's MoH issued this Phnom Penh "hot-spot" advice today :
( :dm: And don't forget to wash your hands when you get home.)

June 25, 2021
Ministry of Health issues new Phnom Penh COVID advice for specific districts
The Ministry of Health has issued the following COVID advice, based on specific geographical districts of Phnom Penh. The areas below are rated on a 3 point scale, with 3 points being the highest level of warning.

“People of Phnom Penh who live in the following Sangkats / Khans, please be careful, do not be negligent and 🙏 Wear a mask, keep the distance and wash your hands regularly

🔴🔴🔴 Khan Por Sen Chey (Chom Chao 1, Chom Chao 3, Chom Chao 2, Kakap 1)
🔴🔴 Khan Meanchey (Steung Meanchey 3, Chak Angre Leu, Chak Angre Krom, Stung Meanchey 1)
Khan Dangkor (Pong Teuk, Dangkor, Prek Kampus, Stone Bridge)
🔴🔴 Khan Kambol (Kambol, Kantouk, Snor)
🔴🔴 Khan Sen Sok (Kork Khleang, Khmounh, O Bek Kam)
Khan Russey Keo (Kilometer 6, Chrang Chamres 1, Toul Sangke 1, Russey Keo, Svay Pak)
Khan 7 Makara (Monorom, Friendship, Orussey 2, Veal Vong, Orussey 1)
🔴 Khan Toul Kork (Boeung Kak 2, Depot Market 3)
🔴 Khan Chbar Ampov (Niroth, Kbal Koh, Prek Pra)
🔴 Khan Chamkarmon (Toul Tum Poung 2, Phsar Doeum Thkov, Tonle Bassac)
🔴 Khan Daun Penh (Srah Chak, Chey Chumneas, Central Market 3)
🔴 Khan Boeung Keng Kang (Dam, Boeung Keng Kang 3)

យកចិត្តទុកដាក់ You should pay attention to monitor your health. If you have symptoms such as: fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat or shortness of breath or doubt, please hurry to get tested.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50881163/m ... districts/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:23 am According to the KT, Cambodia's MoH issued this Phnom Penh "hot-spot" advice today :
( :dm: And don't forget to wash your hands when you get home.)

The areas below are rated on a 3 point scale, with 3 points being the highest level of warning.
No mention of what the 3 points mean?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic