Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by Kammekor »

I called two minivan companies and two car owners today and they all run daily services to and from Phnom Penh (base: Ratanakiri).
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Covid-19 case summary for 14 May 2021.

COVID-19: New Cases Drop to 358; Tally 21,499
AKP Phnom Penh, May 14, 2021 --

Cambodia this morning registered 358 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), down 122 cases compared to early this week; bringing the tally to 21,499.

Of the new patients, 350 are community cases linked to the Feb. 20 incident and the rest are imported, pointed out the Ministry of Health in a press release.

At the same time, it added, 348 patients have been successfully cured; the total recovered cases rose to 9,867 with 147 fatal cases, including 5 new deaths.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia Registers Over 873 Recovered and 335 New Cases of COVID-19
AKP Phnom Penh, May 15, 2021 --

A total of 873 more patients have successfully recovered from COVID-19; bringing the cured cases in Cambodia to 10,740, pointed out a press release of the Ministry of Health made public this morning.

Meanwhile, it continued, 335 new cases, including 7 imported and 328 community cases, were reported; the tally reached 21,834.

Besides, there is no new deaths, therefore the total fatal cases remain at 147, underlined the same source.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Another Batch of Sinovac Vaccines Arrives in Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, May 16, 2021 --

Another batch of 500,000 doses of Sinovac vaccine Cambodia bought from China arrived in Phnom Penh this morning.

H.E. Dr. Yuok Sambath, Secretary of State for the Ministry of Health, accompanied by her colleagues welcomed the arrival of the vaccines at Phnom Penh International Airport.

According to the secretary of state, Phnom Penh capital and Kandal province will remain the priorities for the newly arrived vaccines.

One million more Sinovac vaccines will reach Cambodia on May 23, confirmed H.E. Dr. Yuok Sambath.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19: Nearly 1,400 More Patients Recovered
AKP Phnom Penh, May 16, 2021 --

Some 1,380 newly recovered cases of COVID-19 have been registered in Cambodia this morning; the cured patients jumped to 12,120, according to a press release of the Ministry of Health.

At the same time, 350 new cases, including 9 imported and 341 community cases, were detected; bringing the tally to 22,184, the release added.

Besides, it pointed out, three more people have lost their lives due to COVID-19; therefore, the total fatal cases in Cambodia rose to 150.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Interprovincial travel is a breeze now. From personal experience. Demand is extremely low though, so finding a van or taxi might be difficult unless you're willing to hire the whole or organize your own group traveling together and sharing. Bus travel seems still banned, didn't see one on the road during my 8 hour blissful trip.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Kammekor wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 am Bus travel seems still banned, didn't see one on the road during my 8 hour blissful trip.
i don't believe they are officially banned, nor are shared taxis
but obviously they don't want hordes of factory workers fleeing home

monstra mihi bona!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Phnom Poon wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:12 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 am Bus travel seems still banned, didn't see one on the road during my 8 hour blissful trip.
They were. Vireak Buntham for instance was told by the government to suspend all bus services seven weeks ago.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Kammekor wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:51 pm
Phnom Poon wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:12 pm
They were. Vireak Buntham for instance was told by the government to suspend all bus services seven weeks ago.
I was looking on bookmebus (whatever that site is) and there were still vans listed as operating. Are they not? I want to go to SR in the next couple of weeks.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19: 360 New Cases, but 886 Recovered Patients
AKP Phnom Penh, May 17, 2021 --
Cambodia detected 360 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) this morning; the tally reached 22,544, according to the Ministry of Health’s press release.

Of the new cases, 4 are imported and 356 are community cases, the release pointed out.

At the same time, the ministry announced the recovery of 886 patients from COVID-19; the total cured cases in the Kingdom thus rose to 13,006.

Besides, it pointed out, four more people have lost their lives due to COVID-19; bringing the total fatal cases in Cambodia to 154.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic