The Unraveling of the American Empire- Chris Hedges

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The Unraveling of the American Empire- Chris Hedges

Post by Big Daikon »

A true Pax Sinocana has yet to be seen.

Personally, I would like to see the US play a smaller role on the global scene. I am still worried about the domestic imploding, particularly the human suffering that is inherent in the process.

PS: Apparently, the correct term is Pax Sinica.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Alex wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:48 pm The problem isn't so much America's downfall, it's simply inevitable when you look at the decay within that has been accelerating.

The problem is what's coming next. While there's a lot to criticize about the American Empire, I'm certain the Chinese Empire will be much worse.
i couldn't agree more. There will always be somebody with the biggest army/guns/technology etc. At the moment, it's the USA. I am glad i won't be here when China takes over. Although maybe a charismatic figure will come along and unite all of Islam, that will make for interesting times :beer1:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

No matter what your domestic politics in the USA, i can assure our American friends far away on the other side of the planet, that everybody in Asia is down on their knees thanking your God for finally coming through with exactly The Right Man On The Spot for this whole region right now. For your interests and ours.

Biden's diplomatic skills, the respect that a man with his type of character holds in this region, and his so-far hardcore tough stance, is exactly what is needed - and what we have all been hoping for.
I sincerely hope, and firmly believe, that he holds the recipe for renewed US prestige and influence in the region.

ps. Humility is a huge strength, don't make any mistakes about it being a weakness here.
Pride (too much) and an unrealistic belief in your brilliantness has done usa no favours in this region in the past.

Good luck, no matter how much we may grumble and kick back - our interests are inevitably intertwined.
(but not totally, dont forget that either)
rasputin
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by rasputin »

New York pizza took a turn for the worse with the proliferation of dollar slice joints.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic