Derek Chauvin Guilty

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Derek Chauvin Guilty

Post by Big Daikon »

Yeah, that was my point. Legally registered firearms are generally not used in crimes. The story above is one of many where guns stolen from military bases are used in urban crimes.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

nemo wrote:Easy fix for that. Confiscate undocumented firearms and make everyone have a license if they can demonstrate a need to own a weapon and competency to handle it.
These are called MAY CARRY states.

Turns out, the rich, powerful, and politically well connected get the licenses. And they are also accompanied by armed bodyguards and security as well.

The ordinary folk get raped, robbed, and murdered. Those that NEED them NEVER get them. Especially before they are violently killed, raped, or injured.

Why? When the person issuing the licenses is your personal friend, then guess who gets the licenses? The person issuing the license determines what constitutes NEED and what hurdles have to crossed - psych evaluation, income threshold, political affiliation, etc. to obtain a license. Cronyism at it’s best.

Sounds like anyplace we know?

Confiscate firearms in the name of public safety?
The City of New Orleans did just that after the hurricane. Went house to house. Confiscated ALL the firearms the owner had in the name of public safety. Robbery gangs then followed the police, and robbed all the houses that had their guns taken from them.

The government doesn’t even bother to catch undocumented illegal aliens. Yet such a fetish about undocumented guns?

Who determines if a firearm is documented or undocumented? The cops on the spot will just take them all, and then let ‘the system’ just sort it out. It’s always human nature to take the quick and easy way in a complicated, messy situation.

Always easy to say.

This my 10 Riel though.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:11 pm
The ordinary folk get raped, robbed, and murdered. Those that NEED them NEVER get them. Especially before they are violently killed, raped, or injured.
What a terrible America you dwell in, Nuke.
The things you describe are a dystopian nightmare. constantly.
I refuse to believe you live in the country that ANY of my American friends come from.
Same about Cambodia. and not to mention the China rants - undisguised hatred. and hence blind.

Come back to planet Earth.
Find some of those wild Texas roses and stick you whole face in them, my friend.
You neeeed a put a bit of sunshine and joy in your life.

'just trying to do you and everybody else a favour, Mate
take the frankness as a sign of respect - or, quite legitimately tell me to Fuck Off.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:07 am What a terrible America you dwell in, Nuke.
The things you describe are a dystopian nightmare. constantly.
I refuse to believe you live in the country that ANY of my American friends come from.
Not a completely unfounded fear.

A few American cities made the list here:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/243 ... er-capita/

Baltimore, Detroit and St. Louis have murder rates on par with Mexico and Jamaica.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:11 pm
nemo wrote:Easy fix for that. Confiscate undocumented firearms and make everyone have a license if they can demonstrate a need to own a weapon and competency to handle it.
These are called MAY CARRY states.

Turns out, the rich, powerful, and politically well connected get the licenses. And they are also accompanied by armed bodyguards and security as well.

Why? When the person issuing the licenses is your personal friend, then guess who gets the licenses? The person issuing the license determines what constitutes NEED and what hurdles have to crossed - psych evaluation, income threshold, political affiliation, etc. to obtain a license. Cronyism at it’s best.

Sounds like anyplace we know?

If I were you I would move to Canada.

Confiscate firearms in the name of public safety?
The City of New Orleans did just that after the hurricane. Went house to house. Confiscated ALL the firearms the owner had in the name of public safety. Robbery gangs then followed the police, and robbed all the houses that had their guns taken from them.

The government doesn’t even bother to catch undocumented illegal aliens. Yet such a fetish about undocumented guns?

Who determines if a firearm is documented or undocumented? The cops on the spot will just take them all, and then let ‘the system’ just sort it out. It’s always human nature to take the quick and easy way in a complicated, messy situation.

Always easy to say.

This my 10 Riel though.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:03 am

Not a completely unfounded fear.

A few American cities made the list here:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/243 ... er-capita/

Baltimore, Detroit and St. Louis have murder rates on par with Mexico and Jamaica.
Yep, no crocodile tears for anyone murdered in Mexico or Brazil, I seem to recall a thread otf of everyone cheering on the Mexican police opening fire on some criminals from a helicopter. Been through a few towns on that list and use to hit Tijuana as a teenager with my Chicano buddies back in the 80's living out of Santee/El Cajon, found out the Mexicans do not fuck around real quick, they can get pretty stabby too.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Isn't NKOTB in San Antonio? I don't recall it being so rough that you had to be ready to pull and shoot from a 3 week visit I had there in 2017. Fuck it, even if he is in Houston or Dallas I don't sense that things are so desperate there in regards to crime all the time- but I have not been to either so maybe it's really psychos only in those cities. Anyone from St. Louis, Ballimore or Detroit that I've ever met definitely were aware of their surroundings and those people knew what side of town they belonged and at what times of day. There were no reports of murder, rape or thievery outside the norms for these things. I don't doubt those things happen more in these hot zones.

Sucks to get your guns taken, I wonder if there was more to that part in the New Orleans Katrina days. where was that story sourced from again? Oh, darn, no source....
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Oops, sourced and now I remember this also; https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015082 ... in-america

I guess it's time to go nuts after all. Thanks for keeping it real guys, damn, don't know what I'd be doing without this here check up from my neck up.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Seasquatch wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:59 am Yep, no crocodile tears for anyone murdered in Mexico or Brazil
Bit harsh. Some of them, I assume, are good people.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Yeah, what he said.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic