Whatever happened to the chinese that caused the Feb 20 outbreak?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Whatever happened to the chinese that caused the Feb 20 outbreak?

Post by talltuktuk »

KhmerTimes did quite an expose on them and then they just seemingly disappeared. They sure made sure to publicly shame the security guard however. Seems to me like someone influential (wealthy) had something to do with this. Shocking, I know.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50823790/e ... -incident/
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatever happened to the chinese that caused the Feb 20 outbreak?

Post by fsdfdsdf »

You can make things disappeared in cambodia by paying large amounts of money. Considering they flew prostitutes into a country that has no shortage of prostitutes in a private jet they obviously have money to blow. So I'm guessing you will see a new bently around town sometime soon
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

talltuktuk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:17 pm KhmerTimes did quite an expose on them and then they just seemingly disappeared. They sure made sure to publicly shame the security guard however. Seems to me like someone influential (wealthy) had something to do with this. Shocking, I know.

Thank you. I have been thinking the same thing for weeks. :-o
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

i heard they'd simply boarded the wrong private jet and thought they were in macau

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I like it how they refer to it as the Feb 20 outbreak ( not the hookers flown in on a private jet smuggled out of quarantine outbreak)
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

providing essential service. nobody disappears in cambodia.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

talltuktuk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:17 pm KhmerTimes did quite an expose on them and then they just seemingly disappeared. They sure made sure to publicly shame the security guard however. Seems to me like someone influential (wealthy) had something to do with this. Shocking, I know.

The Khmer Times gets WAY too much credit lately; the "expose" simply reprinted what was known to every man woman and kid in the country since the news first broke.

Anyhow, either they are in pretrial detention which can take up to a year, or they paid out. Anybodys guess is as good as that
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I am sure I read in the KT that the authorities don't know their whereabouts. They are obviously part the the cured Covid cases and maybe they just slipped away when they got their second negative test.

I'm going to try and dig it out.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 am I am sure I read in the KT that the authorities don't know their whereabouts. They are obviously part the the cured Covid cases and maybe they just slipped away when they got their second negative test.

I'm going to try and dig it out.
Again, I don't take anything from the Khmer Times as a citation. Shit rag
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I thought they were caught sneaking back into the hotel before their second test was due.
Getting Caught: February 18, 2021 early morning. The ill-fated four were caught when they tried to slip back into Sokha Hotel to be in time for the second COVID-19 PCR test, which was normally conducted on the 12th day of quarantine but were caught on CCTV as authorities (not from the in house hotel security) had got wind of the escapades and kept an eagle eye for their return when knocks on their respective doors went unanswered. Two out of the four tested positive and that triggered the whole February 20 Community Incident. However, the two did not reveal much to the authorities, according to those who are aware of the investigations but did not want to be named.
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic