Are your local food prices effected

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Are your local food prices effected

Post by nemo »

I never did until I ran out of coffee today.
So Wat roaster delivered in 20 minutes, but double the price of sen veng yu
tomorrow i will buy some rolling papers, bread, ham and cheese.
Will try for vodka and see.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

nemo wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:42 pm Will try for vodka and see.
lol
i can see the value in that for sure

monstra mihi bona!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I started to use facebook to find out what things I wanted, giving me in return what is available around the city. This was particular good for motorcycle parts. Because if you go off on a mission looking around Phnom Penh for such a particular item, it soon gets tiring.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Was in Thai Hout in Bkk1 on Monday. No dairy products in cooler, no meat, no ham, no veggies, no bread, no eggs. Today I bought yogurt, eggs, bread, meat and some veggies. Looks like thing are going back to new normal. Would still kill for red tomatoes and bell pepper. :please:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Chuck Borris wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:38 am Was in Thai Hout in Bkk1 on Monday. No dairy products in cooler, no meat, no ham, no veggies, no bread, no eggs. Today I bought yogurt, eggs, bread, meat and some veggies. Looks like thing are going back to new normal. Would still kill for red tomatoes and bell pepper. :please:
Tomatoes and peppers ?
You’re not hard to please , jeez .. our store was full of fresh milk but only had 2 half gallons in of the normally full chocolate milk section , so I passed on them and got hersheys chocolate syrup , improvise !
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

i think some of them restock on thurdays
check again on monday

monstra mihi bona!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Bought chicken for the cat at Central Market. Normally I get 1kg breasts plus 500g each of necks and giblets for $7.50. I only got the breasts and giblets for that price and then couldn't be arsed with the necks.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I really really wish people would stop going on about food shortages and prices. With every tiny hint that there might be the possibility of the tiniest inconvenience regarding the food supply, my other half insists that we go shopping. Again. To stock up. Again. Just a day or two after the last hint of a possibility of a disruption, that never materialised.

I haven't really noticed a rise in prices in the usual supermarkets we shop in.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
beerlaodrinker
Expatriate
France

Post by beerlaodrinker »

xandreu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm I really really wish people would stop going on about food shortages and prices. With every tiny hint that there might be the possibility of the tiniest inconvenience regarding the food supply, my other half insists that we go shopping. Again. To stock up. Again. Just a day or two after the last hint of a possibility of a disruption, that never materialised.

I haven't really noticed a rise in prices in the usual supermarkets we shop in.
I think there there will be a shortage of beer and prices will rise.
(Just trying to help.)
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

xandreu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm I really really wish people would stop going on about food shortages and prices.
Uh, but that is what this thread is about. Feel free to ignore it.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic