Are your local food prices effected

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Are your local food prices effected

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Poon wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 pm
Bluenose wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:57 am The main Doeum Kor veg wholesale market is closed for 2 weeks so will be some extra costs for the traders, seems the replacement is in TaKhmau
i don't know how people are supposed to get to that wholesale market
and where are they going to sell it anyway if their market stall is closed

closing markets, and also limiting movement to within sangkat is not going to work for long
how do you get food if they close 'your' market?
UPDATE: The New Market in Takhmao Stadium has been Closed.
It should be noted that, on the afternoon of April 19, 2021, the Provincial Unity Command ordered the authorities to close the market of Takhmao Stadium, Kandal Province temporarily and most urgently after receiving information that at least 11 people who were tested before entering the market, showed a temperature above 37 degrees Celsius, which is a concern, so the authorities decided to close the market immediately.

As a result, the Governor of Kandal Province has directly ordered the police forces and relevant authorities to cordon off the market area, forbidding outsiders from entering and not allowing insiders to leave, in order to allow medical doctors and health officials to come down and test sellers and customers.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

the general populace will be eating govt rations in a week if not before
unless they lift restrictions on food

the bong thom wine cellars should last a bit longer
and then can send head of household security out to pick up another few cases

monstra mihi bona!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good luck guys;

4 markets, Century Plaza, Ek Reach I, Toul Pongro & Trapaing Thleung, in Khan Por Sen Chey are ordered to temporarily close for 2 weeks to curb the spread of #COVID19.

48 people linked to Phsar Kandal (market) have been detected positive with #COVID19. 423 tests were carried out yesterday.

wow 10% positive %
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:51 am
48 people linked to Phsar Kandal (market) have been detected positive with #COVID19. 423 tests were carried out yesterday.

wow 10% positive %
Finally some actual stats you can work with, normally just a number with no idea how many are tested

11% in fact. High numbers.

You'd expect the markets to have a higher concentration than other places, but that shows its everywhere. Would be interested to see how many are asymptomatic (assuming a high number)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Catfish went up from 15.000 / kg to 24.000 kg in week here in the Northeast.

I guess demand is higher than normal because people read the news about what's going on in Phnom Penh and are preparing by drying some fish.
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

I go to the bank and they're closed ... how will I pay FoodPanda with 100 dollar bills from an ATM?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:11 am I go to the bank and they're closed ... how will I pay FoodPanda with 100 dollar bills from an ATM?
Do you not have a local bank here? Connect the card to your account, or Pipay (works in Nham24 and get free delivery when using it for a few places)

Or draw out riel from the ATM
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

I'll try that, thanks.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Withdraw in KH Riel instead of US$
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Yesterday the cooking gas cylinder ran out. I was surprised the guy showed up within 20 minutes and charged the regular price. He got a nice tip.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic