PP lockdown - anyone stuck in a sangkat they shouldn't be in?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: PP lockdown - anyone stuck in a sangkat they shouldn't be in?

Post by ali baba »

I'd be in the same situation if we visited my in-laws a day earlier.
Scarier than malaria.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

another person in that situation
post486210.html#p486210
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

ali baba wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:57 pm I'd be in the same situation if we visited my in-laws a day earlier.
Lucky you stayed where you are mate! This is a fucking ball ache but fuck it, just gotta roll with it!
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:30 pm another person in that situation
post486210.html#p486210
Aye, there's more than a few I've heard of who are stuck up in SR. That's even worse when you are paying for accommodation and meals, money can run out pretty quickly for many in that situation!

I had my wife's uncle visit the local sangkat office earlier to explain and to see what was possible. He didnt really have a definitive answer, said to check back in a few days when things are more clear, but right now - no chance!

At least they are with family and can support each other.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’m wondering what the impact might be on coming back in a couple of months. Busy and stuck in Europe, I can see me maxing out my duty free allowance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic