Another mass shooting in the US

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Another mass shooting in the US

Post by Chad Sexington »

There’s a couple of posters here with a serious attitude problem, while I’m in agreement with them regarding posters taking any opportunity to shit on the US just for the hell of it, I strongly disagree that people from outside the US have no business having opinions regarding things such as the mass shootings there. Should us “Fuckwads and Fucking Wierdos from Bumfuck countries” not be concerned that the citizens of another country run the risk of, and are, being killed and maimed due to the reluctance of their government in taking long overdue measures to prevent it?
Is it any different for example, than voicing concern about honor killings or female genital mutilation, in countries where they are carried out? Should we just not give a shit about anyone from other countries? They’re not the same nationality as me so fuck them, I’m all right Jack!
Not everybody is out to shit on America, plenty of people do care about Americans, believe it or not.
It’s one thing to be patriotic, it’s another to be belligerent and abusive towards people who may have genuine concerns.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Looks can be deceptive, but in his case if I owned a Mom'n'Pop shop at Songkran and he walked in I wouldn't sell him a water pustol
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:53 pm It’s one thing to be patriotic, it’s another to be belligerent and abusive towards people who may have genuine concerns.
Belligerent and abusive?

Holy fuck, mate.

If the "concerns" were "genuine" there would have been no need for "belligerence".

This is less about this particular case and more about the general tenor here on CEO about the United States.

Tell you what, I'll keep my soup-cooler shut the next time some Kiwi, Brit, Aussie, German, yadda yadda post a negative news item from (not their own country, mind you, but from..) America.

Don't forget to take notes on how "genuine" the "concerns" are that you'll be reading.

It'll be eye-watering how genuine the concerns are, let me tell you.

If it's one thing that CEO is known for it's the genuine concerns it's members have toward the United States.

Go fill you boots. :thumb:
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I was sure I'd seen him somewhere before

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

DaveG wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:29 pm I was sure I'd seen him somewhere before

HA! holy shit......good one. :lol:

Squeal like a pig, boy.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Brody wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:32 pm
DaveG wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:29 pm I was sure I'd seen him somewhere before

HA! holy shit......good one. :lol:

Squeal like a pig, boy.
🤣🤣🤣🤣,

Classic movie 👍👍🙏
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Brody wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:53 pm It’s one thing to be patriotic, it’s another to be belligerent and abusive towards people who may have genuine concerns.
Belligerent and abusive?

Holy fuck, mate.

If the "concerns" were "genuine" there would have been no need for "belligerence".

This is less about this particular case and more about the general tenor here on CEO about the United States.

Tell you what, I'll keep my soup-cooler shut the next time some Kiwi, Brit, Aussie, German, yadda yadda post a negative news item from (not their own country, mind you, but from..) America.

Don't forget to take notes on how "genuine" the "concerns" are that you'll be reading.

It'll be eye-watering how genuine the concerns are, let me tell you.

If it's one thing that CEO is known for it's the genuine concerns it's members have toward the United States.

Go fill you boots. :thumb:
I’ll say it again, I’m in agreement with you regarding gratuitous shit posting about the US. or any other country for that matter.
(It gets a pass if it’s banter, genuinely intended to be humorous, regardless if it’s successful or not)
Have you ever considered this, maybe a tendency to rise to the bait combined with a smidgin of paranoia may attract that kind of post (at least one member anticipated your reaction to this topic and you certainly delivered)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 pm maybe a tendency to rise to the bait combined with a smidgin of paranoia
No, it's not that. I just don't suffer fools lightly, Chad Sexington.

Anyway, I'm kind of done with this conversation now Chad Sexington, I hope that's ok with you.

As I said already, I'm finished intervening.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Brody wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:52 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 pm maybe a tendency to rise to the bait combined with a smidgin of paranoia
No, it's not that. I just don't suffer fools lightly, Chad Sexington.

Anyway, I'm kind of done with this conversation now Chad Sexington, I hope that's ok with you.

As I said already, I'm finished intervening.
No need to be so formal, just Chad is fine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic