A new Coca-Cola plant announced

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Re: A new Coca-Cola plant announced

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I've got stock in Coca Cola. $$$.

Just imagine that cocacola sweet, bubbly cola right now.. I don't know about you all, but im going to go buy a COCA COLA right now
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Samouth wrote:I drink a lot of Coke light as i feel like they have less sugar.
Do some research, Samouth, you might be surprised to learn that artificially sweetened drinks are thought to be associated with weight gain, not weight loss.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

StroppyChops wrote:
Do some research, Samouth, you might be surprised to learn that artificially sweetened drinks are thought to be associated with weight gain, not weight loss.
Yep! I also love seeing these whales in the US order 5,000 calories of greasy fast food, then tack on a diet cola like that'll will mitigate any of the damage they're doing to their bodies.

Diet drinks are unhealthy garbage that taste like piss in a can. If I'm going to drink soda, not only do I not want diet, but I actually prefer sugar. It is by far the healthiest, though rarely used these days.

As I understand it, the main issue with aspartame is that it causes you to be hungrier, meaning you'll just get your calories elsewhere. However, it is also a chemical, so outside the fact that it doesn't actually do what it advertises, why stick more chemicals I'm your body?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

MekongMouse wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Yep! I also love seeing these whales in the US order 5,000 calories of greasy fast food, then tack on a diet cola like that'll will mitigate any of the damage they're doing to their bodies.

Diet drinks are unhealthy garbage that taste like piss in a can. If I'm going to drink soda, not only do I not want diet, but I actually prefer sugar. It is by far the healthiest, though rarely used these days.

As I understand it, the main issues
As a T2Diabetic I switched to sugar-free drinks and couldn't work out why my BSL wouldn't normalise. Turned out to be the sugar-free drinks, tested and verified with my medical practitioners. Here's the kicker - the major sponsor of the diabetes association in Australia (and possibly America) is the company that manufactures the artificial sweetener.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

StroppyChops wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

As I understand it, the main issues
As a T2Diabetic I switched to sugar-free drinks and couldn't work out why my BSL wouldn't normalise. Turned out to be the sugar-free drinks, tested and verified with my medical practitioners. Here's the kicker - the major sponsor of the diabetes association in Australia (and possibly America) is the company that manufactures the artificial sweetener.
That's weird. I've never heard or anything like that. One more reason to oppose these substitutes though.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

StroppyChops wrote:
WEIGHT GAIN! i think you are right. People said i am gaining weight. Am i addict to coke. I drink it almost every day and every other day.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

As I understand it, the main issue with aspartame is that it causes you to be hungrier, meaning you'll just get your calories elsewhere. However, it is also a chemical, so outside the fact that it doesn't actually do what it advertises, why stick more chemicals I'm your body?
I don't eat fast food anymore. I hope i will lose some weight.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Samouth wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

Heh, I'm trying to give it up completely. I still eat it sometimes when I'm in a rush. luckily every time I go into a fast food place, I see what decades of this diet can do to people and that keeps me from coming back for awhile.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

MekongMouse wrote:Heh, I'm trying to give it up completely. I still eat it sometimes when I'm in a rush. luckily every time I go into a fast food place, I see what decades of this diet can do to people and that keeps me from coming back for awhile.
When we first arrived here I was injecting medications and occasionally needed a solid fat/carb hit to bring levels back up in a hurry as the medication was too aggressive. You won't be surprised to hear that Lucky Burgers fried chicken was perfect for the job.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse wrote:
Samouth wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

Heh, I'm trying to give it up completely. I still eat it sometimes when I'm in a rush. luckily every time I go into a fast food place, I see what decades of this diet can do to people and that keeps me from coming back for awhile.
Cambodia just has Domino Pizza. I tried it once. It is good. However i already decided not to eat more fat and fast food.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic