Canadia Bank QR pay

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
boofhead
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Canadia Bank QR pay

Post by boofhead »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:48 pm
boofhead wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:03 pm The One Time Password is not sending despite several attempts. Knowing Canadia they've registered the wrong number to my account. To say there were teething problems setting up the account in the first place would be an understatement.
You can check the registered phone number in the settings section of the app.
There's nothing in the settings of the app, it'll merely change the functions of the app itself. I use the ABA app also and it's way superior.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:49 pm You don't need a smartphone for banking.
I was talking about QR pay specifically in which I believe you need a smart phone, though maybe I am wrong. I guess it's not that relevant given you can do banking fine without using this feature.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Send money to yourself. WorldRemit
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

I recommend that you open an ABA account for maximum convenience. Digital payments (QR based) and in-store bank transfers are a big thing now and ABA enjoys strong dominance and acceptance in the retail sector.

Complementing my ABA account is a Wing account which is also gaining traction in contactless payments. Their prepaid MasterCard works flawlessly (I used it in Germany and in the UK).

For max safety, I recommend keeping the majority of funds in a secondary ABA account with no linked card. In-app transfers are processed in real time which makes it easy to adjust balances when needed whilst mitigating card-related risks.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Hi out there,
I have an ABA account and the ABA app. Now I stay in BKK already one year (too long), could't make it back in time to KOW.
my ABA app is blocked now, 'cause I didn't login for 3 month. Even the app is still recognizing my thumb print, they want me to reaktivate my account which is impossible since the SIM is already gone (too long no topup).
My emails are not answered also. It is a lot of bread though I just wanna be in control, and, sometimes put some money in ATM (option in the APP) , give my gf the number and she can get it from every ATM in KOW. At the moment I cannot do this.
Any ideas?
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

alexvanlaar wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:50 am Hi out there,
I have an ABA account and the ABA app. Now I stay in BKK already one year (too long), could't make it back in time to KOW.
my ABA app is blocked now, 'cause I didn't login for 3 month. Even the app is still recognizing my thumb print, they want me to reaktivate my account which is impossible since the SIM is already gone (too long no topup).
My emails are not answered also. It is a lot of bread though I just wanna be in control, and, sometimes put some money in ATM (option in the APP) , give my gf the number and she can get it from every ATM in KOW. At the moment I cannot do this.
Any ideas?
Without the sim (the number linked to your ABA account) you can't use the ABA app. You will need to physically come to a branch of the bank and request that they change the linked phone number to a new one. Your girlfriend can't do it. The bank has evolved very much security-wise and they have now incorporated countless anti-fraud and anti-money laundering features on their systems. For example, the physical sim must be present to reactivate the app. The app reads the verification codes sent by the bank. You can't type it which means your gf can't text or send it to you via chat. You also can't deposit at an ATM without either scanning the QR or using your card.

An alternative is to send money by Western Union or RIA money transfer. ABA offers RIA, Wing offers Moneygram and RIA, CAB and other banks offer Western Union. WU, RIA and Moneygram are all available in Thailand.

Collecting the money is currently only possible in the provinces. Collection in Phnom Penh is only possible after the lockdown.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Without the sim (the number linked to your ABA account) you can't use the ABA app. You will need to physically come to a branch of the bank and request that they change the linked phone number to a new one. Your girlfriend can't do it. The bank has evolved very much security-wise and they have now incorporated countless anti-fraud and anti-money laundering features on their systems. For example, the physical sim must be present to reactivate the app. The app reads the verification codes sent by the bank. You can't type it which means your gf can't text or send it to you via chat. You also can't deposit at an ATM without either scanning the QR or using your card.

[/quote]

Yea , it’s a pain in the neck if you lose your phone and need the app on the new phone ,
You first have to get a new phone and go back and get your same number sim from the phone company
... or a new number i you have to , then go to the bank and they are happy to reinstall it for you ,
Make sure you ask for your old one on record ,
otherwise it’s new one and the numbers are all in numbers and not a bunch of zeros in front ( and bugs )
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

ergosemper wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:11 am
alexvanlaar wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:50 am Hi out there,
Any ideas?

An alternative is to send money by Western Union or RIA money transfer. ABA offers RIA, Wing offers Moneygram and RIA, CAB and other banks offer Western Union. WU, RIA and Moneygram are all available in Thailand.

Collecting the money is currently only possible in the provinces. Collection in Phnom Penh is only possible after the lockdown.
Thanx, Ergosemper, as soon as I have the chance, I am OUT OF HERE! First thing I do: Go to the bank with a new sim, second see my gf.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic