Happy Khmer New Year

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Happy Khmer New Year

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Happy Khmer New Year to all CEO readers and their families! :hattip:
We hope that you have a good time despite the restrictions in place.

Does anyone want to do a comparison between their New Year 2020 and New Year 2021 to give an idea how things have changed over the year ?
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Happy Khmer New Year

Post by Phnom Poon »

lol
last year kny was deferred, so there were no parties or celebrations
this year, it is not deferred, so . . .

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Last year was in self quarantine at home in Australia followed by weeks of lock down, only allowed out for food and work.
This year in Kampot so far unaffected but plenty of places closed, oh and my girly can't buy any street food, venders must have taken the day off . :beer3:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Last year, 2020, I had expected to be home with the family. The lad's first birthday, Khmer New Year. But the passenger flights had all been cancelled, and I was stranded in UK.
This year, 2021, my schedule would have had me back home a couple of days after KNY, and I've missed the lad's second birthday. But travel and quarantine restrictions now make it nigh on impossible to get home.

I haven't bought a 2021 calendar. The main difference is this year I'm not travelling around Europe with birthday presents in my suitcase in the hope that I might get back to PhnomPenh.
It sucks, to use a popular term. I'm teetering between apathy and irritation.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

My lockdown feelings..
ImageImage
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Khmer New Year 2021
Press Statement
Antony J. Blinken, Secretary of State
April 14, 2021

On behalf of the United States of America, I wish the Cambodian people a joyous Khmer New Year.

Khmer New Year is a special time to celebrate the great richness and vibrance of Cambodian culture. As communities around the world continue to navigate unprecedented challenges, we look forward to finding ways to advance our shared goals in the year to come.

May all Cambodians enjoy a prosperous and healthy Year of the Ox.
https://www.state.gov/khmer-new-year-2021/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:46 pm Happy Khmer New Year to all CEO readers and their families! :hattip:
We hope that you have a good time despite the restrictions in place.

Does anyone want to do a comparison between their New Year 2020 and New Year 2021 to give an idea how things have changed over the year ?
Last year was subdued but all relatively calm. This year there is an overwhelming sense of foreboding. I haven't heard anyone saying happy new year, it seems redundant with what else is developing.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic