New In Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
keenan
Tourist
Australia

New In Phnom Penh

Post by keenan »

Hi everybody,
Just arrived in Phnom Penh.
Still trying to figure out where things are.
Can anybody advise where I can buy a digital clock radio, the type you put on the
bedside cabinet. I have looked through Aeon 1 and 2. Tried Olympia mall (Ghost town)
and several stores in the city...no luck. I thought this would be relatively easy item to purchase.
But so far I've had no luck.
Any Advise is welcom.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: New In Phnom Penh

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Everyone years their phones now, so might be a bit hard to find. Hopefully someone can steer you in the right direction.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

IBC has digital clocks. Not sure if they have radios built in.

I usually go to the outlet on the corner of St63 and Sihanouk Bld where you'll find them on 1st floor.
Scarier than malaria.
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

Kfour have good prices for JBL speakers.

https://www.facebook.com/Kfour.Group

They have the JBL Horizon 2 for $109.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Just a heads up: I doubt there is a more pointless mall in all of Phnom Penh than Olympia Mall.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I don't think KFour or other electrical shops are on the the approved list for remaining open in the lockdown.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:27 am I don't think KFour or other electrical shops are on the the approved list for remaining open in the lockdown.
Would that really make a difference?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:27 am I don't think KFour or other electrical shops are on the the approved list for remaining open in the lockdown.
If you are looking for an electrical item, it does help if the electrical shops are open.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:15 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 am
If you are looking for an electrical item, it does help if the electrical shops are open.
Of course, I just wondered if they closed...
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

timmydownawell wrote:Just a heads up: I doubt there is a more pointless mall in all of Phnom Penh than Olympia Mall.
The point of the Olympia Mall is to serve the Khmer living in the Olympia apartments. Not the city overall. Not tourists. And definitely not foreigners. I posted my impressions a while back.

During my visit, 2 foreigners wandered in. They wandered out even more clueless then when they wandered in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic