Harry's Riverside - Take Away Service

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Harry's Riverside - Take Away Service

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Just tried ordering on Nham24, Nham24 called me and said they couldn't reach Harrys, so they (Nham24) cancelled the order. Would have been a first time customer.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 pm Just tried ordering on Nham24, Nham24 called me and said they couldn't reach Harrys, so they (Nham24) cancelled the order. Would have been a first time customer.
Cuz dey closed yo. According to nham24 they open again from 12:00am-12:00am, that seems unhelpful though, so I would probably try again tomorrow between 9:30-7:00 again according to nham 24
up to you...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:07 pm That must be the end of Friday specials.....
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:56 pm So that's it for the daily specials?
Come on guys! They've just had their dine-in business clobbered from under them. They're trying to survive on a takeaway only basis and presumably still have to pay rent and some salary to stay alive.

And you guys are still hanging out for specials? :please:

Note that some restaurants like Ohlala just decided right from the getgo that it wasn't worth them staying open on a takeaway basis and closed. Coz who's to say it will be just 2 weeks?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:15 pm Come on guys! They've just had their dine-in business clobbered from under them. They're trying to survive on a takeaway only basis and presumably still have to pay rent and some salary to stay alive.

Note that some restaurants like Ohlala just decided right from the getgo that it wasn't worth them staying open on a takeaway basis and closed. Coz who's to say it will be just 2 weeks?
Ok, irony is sometimes hard to get but I bet you a Friday special plus ten beers this won't be over after 2 weeks. We just entered lock down hell.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:15 pm Come on guys! They've just had their dine-in business clobbered from under them. They're trying to survive on a takeaway only basis and presumably still have to pay rent and some salary to stay alive.

Ok, irony is sometimes hard to get but I bet you a Friday special plus ten beers this won't be over after 2 weeks. We just entered lock down hell.
Well, it doesn't sound like the lack of Friday specials and the PP lock down is going to worry you too much out there in Ratanakiri as you've spruiked here: post484968.html#p484968
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:39 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Well, it doesn't sound like the lack of Friday specials and the PP lock down is going to worry you too much out there in Ratanakiri as you've spruiked here: post484968.html#p484968
True, but I indulged when I was around just over two weeks ago.
I also expressed my happyness about some businesses still being able to do business under these tough circumstances.

Add to that I am a regular visitor to Phnom Penh, or at least I used to.

Things look grim now. Grimmer than I have expected in a year to be honest.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:57 pm i tried de pizza-kebab last year, and even i am not a real pizza or kebab lover, the combination was surprisingly good !! i will try again when i get in KOW !!
Nice
hburns wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:01 pm Doc, someone else is after your commission haha
He's got Harry's fever
:thumb:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

KTabi wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:07 am
Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:57 pm i tried de pizza-kebab last year, and even i am not a real pizza or kebab lover, the combination was surprisingly good !! i will try again when i get in KOW !!
Nice
hburns wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:01 pm Doc, someone else is after your commission haha
He's got Harry's fever
It closes it's doors and then all the fans come out of the woodwork!

Harry's is closed because both the Chefs live a good distance away and the paperwork to permit them to cross several checkpoints is near impossible. Add to this an understandable reluctance to travel so far and risk getting stuck due to some newly announced rule change. It is a perfect storm.

All I can say is there's an enduring willingness to re-open as soon as humanly possible, whereupon I will recommence my shameless plugging of the place. Enjoy the peace while it lasts.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

some of the best western food in Cambodia IMO
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:47 pm
Brody wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm I hope that eggs Benedict becomes available.

I've tried ordering it twice now over the course of the past 2 months.........I shan't be rebuffed thrice........and remain a loyal customer.
My favourite breakfast but it's inconsistent and if its not done properly, it is not eggs bene. It's just not! I have had it done perfectly at Intoxica and gone back a week later to be served hard eggs on TOAST. They did nail the sauce tho, which I thought was worth praise. Then they stuffed the sauce on the 3rd attempt with only 1 runny egg. It is not their traditional food, admittedly, but perfect that common favourite and you should increase your market share. I need to learn how to pronounce "soft fried eggs so the yolks runs into the muffins". Google translate aint cuttin' the mustard. One of the partnered members here may be of assistance? My special little "caramel-coated-flower" seems to think it is pronounced "huh?"
They should be poached, not fried. That requires very fresh good quality eggs and a bit of care and attention, which is a big problem for most kitchens here. The eggs here have incredibly thin shells with pale and lacklustre yolks. They are the worst I have ever come across.

I found the Eggs Benedict at La Croisette to be very good, but I haven't been there is a long time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic