Vaccines and Your Experience

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Vaccines and Your Experience

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

Okay, I figure we can all whinge on about our experiences for whoever has gotten the jab and give everyone else an idea of what they may experince.

I ended up with the Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) vaccine. I was fine getting the vaccine however about 6 hours later I had a fever and terrible chills through the night. The next morning I had a low grade fever and was extremely fatigued I spent a majority of the day in bed sleeping. After thats it was uphill, some fatigue and lingering sorness at injection site but that's normal for an intramuscular injection. It all rathered sucked but over and done with for now.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Vaccines and Your Experience

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've received tons of vaccines over the years, probably way more than most given my field of work. Weirdly enough, I never really get any side effects. I can't recall getting na vaccine that made me tired/sick or anything.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Route66
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Route66 »

dontbeasourlemon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:22 am Okay, I figure we can all whinge on about our experiences for whoever has gotten the jab and give everyone else an idea of what they may experince.

I ended up with the Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) vaccine. I was fine getting the vaccine however about 6 hours later I had a fever and terrible chills through the night. The next morning I had a low grade fever and was extremely fatigued I spent a majority of the day in bed sleeping. After thats it was uphill, some fatigue and lingering sorness at injection site but that's normal for an intramuscular injection. It all rathered sucked but over and done with for now.
So you went in feeling healthy and fine then took the shot and was sick as a dog.
Mmmmmm..interesting.
" done with .....for now" ...yes mate , but in 3/6/12 months....long term ...
A friend of mine took the same ( Jansen) in the U.S. about two weeks ago and lost his sense of taste. Hasn't returned since.
As far as Johnson and Johnson....not a fan .
Hope you stay well.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

The usual drivel from Route66... You do understand that it's quite common to have slight aches and pains after a vaccine, especially a traditional one (like JJ)?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

I've had various strange vaccinations but nothing can hold a candle to my Pfizer experience. I still get bizarre chest sensations since receiving it. I think it was the right thing to get it and would do it again but the reaction and fatigue was intense. These strong reactions seem to be more limited to younger age as an immune response, according to the medical personnel I spoke with.

I feel fairly confident that I'm as protected as one can be now though and rejecting a pfizer vaccination traveler seems least likely of all, excluding China and satellite pressure campaigns.
:thumb:
HarryBF111
Tourist

Post by HarryBF111 »

Quite similar- terrible headache for a few days, night sweats and loss of appetite, but all manageable though fairly unpleasant.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

It sound like you're all getting a little taste of what Covid-19 is like, and then it's all over. Many people who got the real thing ended up feeling like you did for weeks. Many didn't even get that lucky.

A couple of days feeling a bit rough is a good trade to getting this thing bad.
HarryBF111
Tourist

Post by HarryBF111 »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:16 am It sound like you're all getting a little taste of what Covid-19 is like, and then it's all over. Many people who got the real thing ended up feeling like you did for weeks. Many didn't even get that lucky.

A couple of days feeling a bit rough is a good trade to getting this thing bad.
Couldn't agree more. Blessed to have it.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

dontbeasourlemon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:22 am Okay, I figure we can all whinge on about our experiences for whoever has gotten the jab and give everyone else an idea of what they may experince.

I had the first shot of Sinovac last Friday. I was immediately dizzy when I stood up, look a seat for 30 minutes 'observation' and felt a little nauseous with a dull headache. This all past fairly quickly and no sign of any other side effects. (yet)
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

joelightcloud wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:43 am I had the first shot of Sinovac last Friday. I was immediately dizzy when I stood up, look a seat for 30 minutes 'observation' and felt a little nauseous with a dull headache. This all past fairly quickly and no sign of any other side effects. (yet)
Do you feel any new sympathies for the worker class or hatred of landlords?
Brave man, :beer3:
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic