Vaccines and Your Experience

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Re: Vaccines and Your Experience

Post by Uncle-V »

I was vaccinated with Sputnik back in February. The usual side effects (24 hour cold/flu-like symptoms, improved Russian, and warm fuzzy feeling anytime I saw President Putin in the media).

The vaccine seemed to work well as I stayed active and social (gym, bars, etc) and everyone around me who wasn't vaxed (mostly my Russian friends) got the bug. Thankfully no one fell seriously ill.

Nevertheless, I tested positive for Covid a couple of weeks ago. Probably the Delta variant. I didn't get too sick - congestion, slight fever in the beginning, hardly any cough and mostly just cold-like symptoms. But it lasted much longer than the average cold (I am which usually passes in 2-3 days with me) and feeling very fatigued. I tested negative a couple of days ago but still feel a little congested and tired to weeks after testing positive.

Takeaways - the vax worked for me but likely wore off a bit after a few months. Also Delta is no joke and can get you even if you are vaxed. Neverthelss, I think it kept me form getting really sick, though it continues to nag.

Hope this info is useful to others!
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

I got the Pfizer. Had zero side effects, felt totally normal after both shots. The only thing I felt was penny-sized area of soreness where they stuck me, which is normal for sticking a needle into the muscle. Only lasted a day and couldn't even feel it unless I touched it. I've had roughly 30 shots in the last 3 years for vaccinations and never had a single side effect from any of them.

My partner also got the Pfizer, felt tired for a day and took a long nap and that was the end of it.
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

I think I had two shots of Sinopharm here in Siem Reap, they made sure my arm was behind me so I couldnt see, just felt like a light scratch. No after effects at all. I dont care if the vax works or not, the chances of catching Covid are so slim I have more chance of winning the Powerball lottery in NZ. But I want the card, so when borders reopen in S E Asia I can travel.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I got Moderna back in January or February. Had minimal side effects 1st shot but 2nd shot in the evening had shivers/ cold sweat, body aches and slight temperature.

yes.. a sore shoulder as well.. forgot to add
Last edited by BklynBoy on Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Had Sinopharm. No side effects apart from a sore arm on my second shot.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

talltuktuk wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:22 pm I've had roughly 30 shots in the last 3 years for vaccinations and never had a single side effect from any of them.

Military, or lots of travel to exotic spots?

I consider myself fully vaccinated but I've not had 30 vaccinations!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

First Pfizer jab last week. Sore shoulder for a few hours. Slept it off.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

I got 2 shots of Pfizer. One in May and the other in June. Got sick after each of them. One week with the flu it felt like. And so very tired.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

First shot of AstraZenica on 19 May 2021. A complete non-event as far as any discomfort or side effects went.

Second shot of AstraZenica 12 weeks later on 11 August 2021. Exactly as for the first shot. A total non-event.

Both entered to my World Health Organization yellow booklet International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis which useful for international travel health purposes.

Soon, I am to get an official Australian certificate of Covid Vaccination in both hard copy and in digital format but not sure how long this will take.

Now all I need is to be able to travel again and return to Cambodia.

OML.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I had 6 shots of Jagermeister last night and today I feel like hell.

Sinovac was much better.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic