Vaccines and Your Experience

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Vaccines and Your Experience

Post by nerdlinger »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:18 am I think a lot of you guys are getting a nocebo effect.
This is definitely a thing, and in many ways it’s not surprising that the covid vaccines have such a high reported number of side effects given how much fearmongering has been going on the past 12 months.

Some fun reading from https://www.health.harvard.edu/newslett ... o_response

About 20% of patients taking a sugar pill in controlled clinical trials of a drug spontaneously report uncomfortable side effects — an even higher percentage if they are asked.

Volunteers were told that a mild electrical current would be passed through their heads and might cause a headache. No electrical current was actually passed, but two-thirds of them developed a headache.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

Teddy1 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:44 am
paul2d wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:32 am Had the Moderna vaccine the other day. No side effects the day of the jab. Slight pain in upper arm the following day. Back to normal the next day. Just like getting a flu shot.
And where did you get the Moderna vaccine?
I'm stuck in Canada at the moment and that's where I got the vaccine.

Video from the SciShow about side effects (especially after the second shot) of mRNA vaccines and why they are a good sign (Pfizer, Moderna):

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucCr7Sywgc
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

An immediate family member was discharged from hospital today after 12 days in due to an autoimmune reaction suspected to be from AZ 2nd jab - happened after for first time ever

Advice was for her and all close family to use Pfizer, Moderna, Sputnik or Sinovacc just to err on side of caution
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a friend of mine just posted on fb, he lives in northern Ca and got his shot: Pfizer

Back in the ER for 8 hours today 10 days after the vaccine. Still with left-center side (vax side) chest pain. Moving down my left arm and through to my left upper back. EKG, X-ray, 2 blood tests, cat scan, treadmill and a dozen blood pressure checks (that was only today). Fortunately all tests ok but the pain is constant 10 days later and seems to now be spreading (it actually felt a little better over the weekend but is worse again). Very frustrating.

Me???
i'll still fine with waiting a few months>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Good idea Richard, 100 million doses and your Facebook friend has phantom pains...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Pfizer. Fine.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Now the q tards are bleating that the vaccinated are shedding spike proteins and making unvaccinated people sick.
At the behest of bill gates and the other illuminati of course.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Pfizer #2 - chills, headache, extreme fatigue, body aches, couldn't move arm due to pain. Lasted for 1 day, Tylenol solved most of the side effects.

Wife - arm pain and no other side effects.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

OP may I ask where you got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
One Khmer person was telling me he's going for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because he has asthma. I asked if it was worth me paying a visit to his clinic. But he said it only reserved for people who have problems like himself, and really the clinic is mainly for police, and they would not let me have any vaccine there.
I personally don't recollect hearing this vaccine being in the country.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 pm Pfizer #2 - chills, headache, extreme fatigue, body aches, couldn't move arm due to pain. Lasted for 1 day, Tylenol solved most of the side effects.

Wife - arm pain and no other side effects.
Vaccine scientists say that these reactions are to be expected and that they are a good indication that the vaccine is doing its job. Health care worker friend says to take Tylenol 4 hours prior to getting second jab and not to wait until side effects manifest themselves.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic