Mandatory Vaccines ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Error404
Expatriate
Australia

Mandatory Vaccines ?

Post by Error404 »

From what I read on the news it seems that is mandatory just for public servants and the military. Any word on if it mandatory for normal Cambodian citizens and foreigners.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Mandatory Vaccines ?

Post by atst »

Error404 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:42 pm From what I read on the news it seems that is mandatory just for public servants and the military. Any word on if it mandatory for normal Cambodian citizens and foreigners.
Not mandatory just if you don't get it, don't come to work, same thing was told to my niece in NZ where she's been a dental nurse for 20+ years
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Yep. ^ like when I used to care about such things and cut short an employment placing in India because I didn’t want to check in and out of work with my finger print. It wasn’t mandatory. I had a choice and felt empowered to choose to leave. Bloody entitled snowflakes these days.

Of course, later in life ...and with advancing technology .... my stance changed and I stayed in a job in Cambodia despite having to check in and out of work with a thumb print.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Prime Minister HE on April 11 issued a sub-decree making Covid-19 vaccination compulsory for individuals unless they have a medical certificate proving they have pre-existing health conditions that prevent them from doing so.

«This applies to all members of the armed forces and civil servants at state institutions; citizens who hold public office through elections; public officials at legislative bodies; judges, prosecutors and other officials in the judiciary," states the sub-decree.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... obligatory
for sure all teachers it will be mandatory and how long till its required for ur extension?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Prime Minister HE on April 11 issued a sub-decree making Covid-19 vaccination compulsory for individuals unless they have a medical certificate proving they have pre-existing health conditions that prevent them from doing so.

«This applies to all members of the armed forces and civil servants at state institutions; citizens who hold public office through elections; public officials at legislative bodies; judges, prosecutors and other officials in the judiciary," states the sub-decree.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... obligatory
for sure all teachers it will be mandatory and how long till its required for ur extension?
No so fast. First of all they're not even close to have enough vaccines to inoculate just the whole of Phnom Penh. Second, over the next few moths there will likely raise doubt about the effectiveness of the Sinovac vaccine.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

And curious if anyone knows about the health certificate to exempt you from the vaccine. Any doctor or a govt. doctor?

I ask because of my hypertension and the small bit of Sinovac literature I can find online says people with hypertension should not use this vaccine.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

lostjeremy wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:54 pm And curious if anyone knows about the health certificate to exempt you from the vaccine. Any doctor or a govt. doctor?

I ask because of my hypertension and the small bit of Sinovac literature I can find online says people with hypertension should not use this vaccine.
if ur not on the list of those that it is mandatory for, they cant make ya take it>>
Ur not khmer, correct>?
over the next few moths there will likely raise doubt about the effectiveness of the Sinovac vaccine.
no reason to wait.
'https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/int ... eness-low/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:53 pm over the next few moths there will likely raise doubt about the effectiveness of the Sinovac vaccine.
it shouldn't take months
i bet it works to start with
then stops once the 7 day warranty is up

monstra mihi bona!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

We are talking about the kingdom of wonder here, I don't think Camboda have paid $1.5 million on Chinese vaccines to end up dumping them, and I bet there not on a return sale basis. Mandatory, meaning you have the virus when offered. I think the choice could come to refuse, and your EOS may possibly be revoked.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

violet wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:23 pm Yep. ^ like when I used to care about such things and cut short an employment placing in India because I didn’t want to check in and out of work with my finger print. It wasn’t mandatory. I had a choice and felt empowered to choose to leave. Bloody entitled snowflakes these days.

Of course, later in life ...and with advancing technology .... my stance changed and I stayed in a job in Cambodia despite having to check in and out of work with a thumb print.
and with advancing technology (making surveillance more advanced) I'm puzzled about this, or was in your older years money became more important
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic