Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Post by Jerry Atrick »

^

Coupons!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:21 pm ^

Coupons!
Food panda prices.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:54 am 7 pages, 66 replies and nearly 3000 views - all about just another mass produced, cooking by numbers, pizza chain.

How is this possible?
It shows that there are many people out there who dont care much when it comes to food and quality of ingredients. Millions and millions of people eat at those chains every day having the choice between the real deal and industrially enhanced foods. The only real advantage I see is the fast serving in most of those chains. Surely it isnt taste or price (especially not in SEA).
work is for people who cant find truffles
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

truffledog wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:41 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:54 am 7 pages, 66 replies and nearly 3000 views - all about just another mass produced, cooking by numbers, pizza chain.

How is this possible?
It shows that there are many people out there who dont care much when it comes to food and quality of ingredients. Millions and millions of people eat at those chains every day having the choice between the real deal and industrially enhanced foods. The only real advantage I see is the fast serving in most of those chains. Surely it isnt taste or price (especially not in SEA).
I hereby declare Pizza War DCLXVI!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

How is this possible?
I sort of agree, seems to me it's symptomatic of this modern, fast moving world that convenience, consistency, timeliness and price are valued at the expense of taste and quality of ingredients. Of course there are some that do care about their food but many that don't too much.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:07 pm

How is this possible?
I sort of agree, seems to me it's symptomatic of this modern, fast moving world that convenience, consistency, timeliness and price are valued at the expense of taste and quality of ingredients. Of course there are some that do care about their food but many that don't too much.
I think it is a withdrawal symptom of the closure of so many outlets selling good home cooked foods with quality ingredient.

Fortunately, Harry's on Riverside (who's pizza's are excellent, by the way) is still open for takeaways. :D
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Thank Christ Harry's has the pizza hookup we all need

On an unrelated note
"Yes, Americans re invented Pizza, and yes I am more qualified than you or likely any others here to say so."
Holy fucking hell lol sure whatever you say :crazy:
:thumb:
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:29 am
Fortunately, Harry's on Riverside (who's pizza's are excellent, by the way) is still open for takeaways. :D
I must be VERY DRUNK to order a pizza in any pub of the world. But nothing is impossible.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Now that I know this, I’ll be looking for Little Caesar’s.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Saw an interesting (?) business news item today about Aussie listed company Domino's Pizza.

It’s not pizza, its a Versatile Bonding Food

Domino’s Pizza shares are down 0.6 per cent at $106.98 in early trade despite an over-the-top presentation about pizza-existentialism (pizzastentialism?) to the Macquarie Australia conference this morning.

The pizza company revealed it expects to have nearly 5,550 stores open across Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Japan by the end of 2033, up from nearly 3,000 stores currently. But it also added a major caveat: “We live in the most dramatically changing time in our life times. No one has a crystal ball. The comments, predictions and recommendations are not guaranteed.”

Domino’s also answered a question that has perplexed humanity for years - why do we exist? And it turns out the answer is Pizza.

“We smash the prevailing wisdom which says you can’t have quality, speed and low price….thus putting the world’s most delicious and versatile bonding food within reach of every person”.

The presentation does not contain any more forecasts, but does introduce a new mathematical formula: (Product + Service + Image)/Price = Value.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic