Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Re: Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Post by bossho »

i like that the hundreds feed finish, but I was told that you should just take the twenty and don't mess with the shit.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 am
nemo wrote:You need to go to Pappadeaux
https://files.pappadeaux.com/images/dyn ... u_2618.pdf
Been to Pappa’s seafood once. Pappa’s BBQ is just bought out BBQ chain slapped with the Pappa’s name. Pappadeux charges a lot more. Plus there aren’t any nearby where I live.

Red Lobster is known for the cheapest seafood.
“nemo” wrote:Red Lobster is just Mcdonalds with fish.
McDonalds is much tastier than Red Lobster any day. McDonald’s food isn’t frozen from the boat weeks out at sea. Even their Filet-O-Fish tastes better.
WTF are you talking about? Everything at maccas is shipped frozen, except for salad. Freezing is an excellent way to preserve flavor, there's nothing wrong with it.
Honestly, saying McDonald's is tastier than red lobster, is like saying cat shit is tastier than dogshit.
Seafood should be frozen immediately, unless you are going to eat it within the hour. Lots of foods are like that, corn, and peas come to mind. Beef,pork and duck, generally benefit from some type of aging. Chicken does not, unless Salmonella is your thing.

Back on topic, papa Johns sucks, though it's better than the other right wing pizza, dominos
Last edited by Clemen on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
up to you...
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

are these chains importing ingredients or sourcing locally?

monstra mihi bona!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:14 pm are these chains importing ingredients or sourcing locally?
Lots of local pineapple so that shouldn't be an issue..
Spoiler:
sorry, couldn't resist
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Clemen wrote:Back on topic, papa Johns sucks, though it's better than the other right wing pizza, dominos
Missus approves of Domino’s Thin Crust Pizza. She doesn’t like American pizza in general. Either picks toppings, or takes a pity bite. With Dominos, she ate half the pizza.

Plus Domino’s deep dish is pretty good (for me).
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Katy Perry pizza still going? It had been mentioned earlier in the thread, the guy there has been going for nine years, still going and serving good pizza. Thing is for two of you and a drink or two from the mini mart, $10-15 should see two people feed and watered.
Now the new Papa john's will cost how much for a good feed? I am thinking 3 to 4 times the amount. It would surprise me if I was new to this country seeing the poor Khmer whom would frequently adorn this type of chain restaurant. Is it possible that to them the food is so good, or is it just the culture and the big picture "look at me".
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

7 pages, 66 replies and nearly 3000 views - all about just another mass produced, cooking by numbers, pizza chain.

How is this possible?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:33 am Katy Perry pizza still going? It had been mentioned earlier in the thread, the guy there has been going for nine years, still going and serving good pizza. Thing is for two of you and a drink or two from the mini mart, $10-15 should see two people feed and watered.
Now the new Papa john's will cost how much for a good feed? I am thinking 3 to 4 times the amount. It would surprise me if I was new to this country seeing the poor Khmer whom would frequently adorn this type of chain restaurant. Is it possible that to them the food is so good, or is it just the culture and the big picture "look at me".
Been a while since I had Katy Peri pizza, but it was more like $4 per pizza there and they sold their own drinks

Papa John's will be in Domino's price range, but better
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:54 am 7 pages, 66 replies and nearly 3000 views - all about just another mass produced, cooking by numbers, pizza chain.

How is this possible?
Because opinions are like assholes................everyone has one and they're usually full of shit.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:12 am
AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:33 am Katy Perry pizza still going? It had been mentioned earlier in the thread, the guy there has been going for nine years, still going and serving good pizza. Thing is for two of you and a drink or two from the mini mart, $10-15 should see two people feed and watered.
Been a while since I had Katy Peri pizza, but it was more like $4 per pizza there and they sold their own drinks

Papa John's will be in Domino's price range, but better
That's not the price I would want or be willing to pay for pizza, no matter how good it was.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic