Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Post by truffledog »

bossho wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:12 am quote: JUDGEDREDD
"Is Katy Perry pizza still going?"

Yes, of course, Judge, Katy Perry is active and I find it good enough. More importantly, the location is abundant with convenience factors both social and logistic. I have done some very brief teachings at Miss Perry's in Pizza basics, like the importance of tomatoes in tomato sauce and also the grave necessity of The Six Mandatory Spices for a proper sauce.

You a teacher in pizza basics ? Six Mandatory Spices for a proper sauce ? Made me laugh for a while..poor Katy Perry Pizza..

I will add that the Papa J product is best enjoyed with ample table salt, red pepper flakes and generous buttery dipping sauce for the crusts.

Ample table salt ? Buttery dipping sauce for crusts ? ROFL again

I do enjoy the pepperoncini s served gratis with each pie.

You probably dont even have a clue what a pepperoncini really means.
I can only guess that you have been eating filipino prison food for some years and while beeing detained you started halluzinating about being a "teacher" and having a pizza at Papa Joes.
work is for people who cant find truffles
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:16 am What's the deal with this place? Pizza Chains are generally crap. I hope this one is better.
I have pleasant memories of eating Pappa John's when visiting the US, probably my first introduction to "American style Pizza" so I ordered one here last week for delivery. It tasted nothing like I remember, in fact, it tasted exactly the same as The Pizza Company. So, it was disappointing. They did include the Chilli pepper and garlic butter 'dipping sauce' though just like I remembered.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

I’ve found that Domino’s is highly variable from country to country and even from city to city, so I’m not going to pronounce judgement on PJs until I’ve tried it.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

When it comes to American pizza, there is one brand I love. Shakey's.

Decades of unwavering goodness.

Wish list for a franchise here: Red Lobster
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Brody wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:22 pm Image
Except for little ceasars :stir:
:thumb:
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Who cares about what European dude's have to say about US based Pizza franchises?, their comments are not even relevant. PPJ is more than decent as I said and was consistent in the past, at least it was in every East China city I went to and a few other East Asia places too, very close to the US pie that PPJ makes.
And T dog, are you like from Italy? Like Northern Italy or are you a southie? I m thinking you re just another Daigo from Jersey with Sicilian roots bro. I will thank you for the chance to learn more Pepperoncini s however, fascinating guinea past.... What the fuck would I know about Pie anyway right? I mean I only grew up in the Bethlehem of American Pizza right? Actually Bethlehem of Pizza is not accurate, more like those forgotten by most, disciples of Christ ,who ran off to Ethiopia and lived in esoteric purity. Yeah, like them, I m like the pizza version of them guys T dog. Am I saying PPJ is true to any form ? No, its more than decent. The dipping sauce is gross if you just drink it cold too, pepper on cini's help that. Lighten the f up Francis!

P.S.note: I m 4 hours drive from any NYC neighborhood, last time I had to go thru NY the pizza sucked in times square....
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

bossho wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:49 pm Who cares about what European dude's have to say about US based Pizza franchises?, their comments are not even relevant. PPJ is more than decent as I said and was consistent in the past, at least it was in every East China city I went to and a few other East Asia places too, very close to the US pie that PPJ makes.
And T dog, are you like from Italy? Like Northern Italy or are you a southie? I m thinking you re just another Daigo from Jersey with Sicilian roots bro. I will thank you for the chance to learn more Pepperoncini s however, fascinating guinea past.... What the fuck would I know about Pie anyway right? I mean I only grew up in the Bethlehem of American Pizza right? Actually Bethlehem of Pizza is not accurate, more like those forgotten by most, disciples of Christ ,who ran off to Ethiopia and lived in esoteric purity. Yeah, like them, I m like the pizza version of them guys T dog. Am I saying PPJ is true to any form ? No, its more than decent. The dipping sauce is gross if you just drink it cold too, pepper on cini's help that. Lighten the f up Francis!

P.S.note: I m 4 hours drive from any NYC neighborhood, last time I had to go thru NY the pizza sucked in times square....
After that diatribe, you suggest someone else should lighten up?
As for who cares what Europeans might think. It’s about Papa John’s in PHNOM PENH, which is the capital of an Asian country, not the state capital of a hitherto forgotten and undocumented statelet in the US. Unless you are proposing that non- US foreigners should be banned from frequenting Papa John’s in PHNOM PENH, you’re going to have to accept that there’s a great many people from outside the US who have in fact eaten US pizza, in the US and elsewhere, and their opinion is absolutely relevant, even if it doesn’t align with your own. Papa John’s is even peddled in the UK, so your chain pizza is available worldwide, and worldwide is available to be discussed. Even by those who feel disgust.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

bossho wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:49 pm I mean I only grew up in the Bethlehem of American Pizza right?
so you're like the jesus of pizza and cheese?
is that chain stuff even classed cheese?
so you're like a fake cheesy jesus?

monstra mihi bona!
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

bossho:
Who cares about what European dude's have to say about US based Pizza franchises?, their comments are not even relevant. PPJ is more than decent as I said and was consistent in the past, at least it was in every East China city I went to and a few other East Asia places too, very close to the US pie that PPJ makes.

F dog:
After that diatribe, you suggest someone else should lighten up?
As for who cares what Europeans might think. It’s about Papa John’s in PHNOM PENH, which is the capital of an Asian country, not the state capital of a hitherto forgotten and undocumented statelet in the US. Unless you are proposing that non- US foreigners should be banned from frequenting Papa John’s in PHNOM PENH, you’re going to have to accept that there’s a great many people from outside the US who have in fact eaten US pizza, in the US and elsewhere, and their opinion is absolutely relevant, even if it doesn’t align with your own. Papa John’s is even peddled in the UK, so your chain pizza is available worldwide, and worldwide is available to be discussed. Even by those who feel disgust.

bossho:
yeah, i was outta line, sublimating real live life and death drama here.... looks like she's gonna make it btw no ER visit tonight. and not much I can do 3oo kms away - there was no slight on European dudes but I did note the rancor in those "lets rip on America and blame the US for everything even though we enjoy the benefits living in a unilateral world crap my own pants", infantile comments here earlier in this post...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic