Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Papa John's Pizza Now in Phnom Penh

Post by ExPenhMan »

“This is a very exciting time for ____________. We are thrilled to deliver our delicious ________ and _________ to new customers in ____________.”

Classic American marketing 101, page 17. This is gonna be a winner!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:06 am “This is a very exciting time for ____________. We are thrilled to deliver our delicious ________ and _________ to new customers in ____________.”

Yes, a lot of thrills and excitements and globals.

Btw, how is it possible to expand a global presence?

When Disneyland opened in France in the 1980s, the owners were dismayed to find it much less profitable than its counterparts in the USA. The reason was the Europeans did not stop riding every hour to eat overpriced junk food. The Disney exec at the time said, "The Europeans just don't get it".
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 am "The Europeans just don't get it".
I sure hope so
:thumb:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jesus everloving christ........a thread about a pizza joint turns into America bashing.

Sure doesn't take much to trigger you predictable sods.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 am Jesus everloving christ........a thread about a pizza joint turns into America bashing.

Ha Ha, I had just got down to reading Armchairs post and was wondering if you had seen this thread yet.

"I bet Brody will have something to say about this one!" I thought. And there you appeared, like magic.

We're not the only predictable sods here you know :D
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:52 am
Brody wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 am Jesus everloving christ........a thread about a pizza joint turns into America bashing.

Ha Ha, I had just got down to reading Armchairs post and was wondering if you had seen this thread yet.

"I bet Brody will have something to say about this one!" I thought. And there you appeared, like magic.

We're not the only predictable sods here you know :D
Ha, fair enough. :thumb:

I just can't stand by whilst a pack of semi-literate scousers shit-talk my Country.

It shall never go unchallenged by me.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:06 am “This is a very exciting time for ____________. We are thrilled to deliver our delicious ________ and _________ to new customers in ____________.”

Yes, a lot of thrills and excitements and globals.

Btw, how is it possible to expand a global presence?

When Disneyland opened in France in the 1980s, the owners were dismayed to find it much less profitable than its counterparts in the USA. The reason was the Europeans did not stop riding every hour to eat overpriced junk food. The Disney exec at the time said, "The Europeans just don't get it".
I have always been puzzled why they set up in Northern France. The unions and labour laws, the French distaste for all things fast and processed food wise, their very rich cinematic heritage that jars with all things Disney, the language barrier and the general vulgarity of the whole thing. It seems such a miss-match. And who goes there? Do people really travel across the world to go to Euro Disney?

The UK was surely a better bet and we would of definitely eaten a satisfactory daily food tonnage.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

truffledog wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:16 am What's the deal with this place? Pizza Chains are generally crap. I hope this one is better.
I am sorry to tell that it is more of the same crap. But million of americans cant be wrong right? Yes they can.
Err, didn't you guys invent the crap in the first place?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Better than Domino's

Better than pizza company

Definitely better than pizza 5

Good addition
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

each person, likes different pizzas, some like it thin, some thick, some lots of sauce, some little,
some even like it with pineapples

:beer3:
BUT to put it down as another shit chain pizza without ever trying it ....

https://www.mlive.com/dining/2018/02/pi ... _to_f.html

results will surprise you
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic