Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:04 am
Jack.R. wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:54 am I was near the royal palace last night and the Police rolled up in force to shut down the open bars.
But seemed that you could go around without restrictions and they just targeted bars.
I heard that a few bars in street 5 and 118 (The Office) were open. Clearly not restaurants. I am sure a few will chance their arm at first. The trouble will come is if there is widespread flouting and they just close them all again.
Spot on. Pretty sure that's what will happen also. Some are even resorting to appearing closed, using the back entrances only (the bars not girls😊) keeping the shutters down and installing CCTV camera's out the front so that when the BiB come by, they can turn off music, etc. Wont end well. Pretty hard to feign ignorance when you are clearly doing all you can to flaunt the rules....I can't help but feel that if everyone didn't think they are cleverer that the cops and just followed the rules, things might improve for all - its these clowns that will kill it for all.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Pedrazo
Expatriate

Post by Pedrazo »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:04 am

I heard that a few bars in street 5 and 118 (The Office) were open. Clearly not restaurants.
Lolita's in Bangkok was grilling hot dogs out front when only restaurants were allowed to be open and sell alcohol.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

Siem Reap added 2 weeks to ALL ALCOHOL SALES...
What a mess.
I have enough whisky to last me ten years.
This town is one sad fuckin place these days.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Biffsm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:52 pm Siem Reap added 2 weeks to ALL ALCOHOL SALES...
What a mess.
Alcohol bans in place:
Siem Reap: post493486.html#p493486
Sihanoukville too: post493637.html#p493637
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:36 am
scott61 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:50 pm it is clear that the curfew is on/off for a week/48 hours/not at all
Yes, it is clear that it is on for a week but off for 48 hour periods during that week - at the start and the end - with the middle part being off, unless it is on. If it rains it will be off until it stops and then it will be on again, unless it is flooded.

Hope this helps.
wish someone had explained this earlier... and I logged in more than once a week
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

I mean month
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Biffsm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:52 pm Siem Reap added 2 weeks to ALL ALCOHOL SALES...
What a mess.
🤔I am stocked up on my boxes of beer , but lately using the whiskey and rum with cokes ,
I’m preferring it lately because not have to run to the terlet as often 👍😎😘 :good: :beer1:
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I also find it easier to carry a box of beer home inside a big black plastic bag
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

When I had that slab of Angkor:

First prize: 1 can of Angkor
Second prize: 12 cans of Angkor

Me: Oh no!!!
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:45 am I wonder why they still have a hard -on for gyms? I can't see why the lump them in with KTV and nightclubs and hope they distinguish them soon.

It is the biggest loss, believe it or not, that I can't walk to the gym and then a swim afterwards. So healthy and beneficial and fills a few hours in a good way. Walking is ok, but it's so bloody hot and the roads are busy again which makes it so unpleasant.

Does anyone know if there are any sneaky ones open? PM me if you like.
Mate any luck???lack of gym is fucking killing me
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic