Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Post by Sheepdog »

So I haven't seen the alcohol ban extended yet or am I just not finding the article? It was only to last until the 24th which is today! Not that it has affected me too much, I have supplies.. just asking for a friend 😉
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Sheepdog wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:14 am So I haven't seen the alcohol ban extended yet or am I just not finding the article? It was only to last until the 24th which is today! Not that it has affected me too much, I have supplies.. just asking for a friend 😉
I thought it was until 28th
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Soriya wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:43 am
Sheepdog wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:14 am So I haven't seen the alcohol ban extended yet or am I just not finding the article? It was only to last until the 24th which is today! Not that it has affected me too much, I have supplies.. just asking for a friend 😉
I thought it was until 28th
I think you're right, didn't it get extended to the 28th to be aligned with the lockdown?

Once the lockdown is extended, the alcohol ban will will surely follow suit.
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

Well I've just been out doing a bit of shopping, you must be right.. didn't see any sales of alcohol or barriers removed from the drink sections.

That's not to say there isn't a few places selling it on the sly still! Or so I have heard anyway!

I think an extension would be good for my liver at least for whenever I do run out!

Is it too early still for a Bloody Mary??

Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

A few shops just denied me as well
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The one thing the competent authorities exhibit any degree of competence... the alcohol ban.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:39 pm The one thing the competent authorities exhibit any degree of competence... the alcohol ban.
I was under the impression that a certain nautically named mart near wat ounaloum was still selling. Maybe check it out
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

I enquired about alcohol at aeon a few minutes ago. They said maybe 10th may.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Soriya wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:39 am I enquired about alcohol at aeon a few minutes ago. They said maybe 10th may.
Sure, very soon, maybe.

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

The brewery owners and alcohol importers will be spitting chips if they extend the ban (as expected) as this would have been a big sales time for them, KNY , and storage must be getting full. No inter province transport is an issue for them as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic