Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Post by TheImplication »

Arget wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:52 am Isn't it exciting times we live in.

One more week until we can again purchase beer or bourbon. :beer3:

One more week until we can travel about Cambodia again :beer3:

Soon will have a House card to allow shopping (one person)

Are we lucky or what?? :facepalm:

Two weeks to flatten the curve. This all sounds so familiar. :whip:
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:03 am
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:04 am whos crazy now...

Still that lot :D
While there are extremes in everything I cannot help but think this pandemic has only bolstered their ranks with "casual" preppers.
Funny you should say that, I have at least 2 weeks of food in stock and I am still buying stuff to keep those levels up. The moment the are real shortages of food it is airport time.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:41 am The moment the are real shortages of food it is airport time.
Me too.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:44 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:41 am The moment the are real shortages of food it is airport time.
Me too.
Done that a couple of weeks ago. Not because of possible shortages but because it simply wasn’t possible for myself and my staff to get any work done when the inter-province travel was restricted. Most of my clients had to shut shop as well so it wasn’t really worthwhile and productive to stick around.
Now back in HK, into my 2nd week of a three-week quarantine (🙄) which is an agonising drag, although I’m holed up in a decent 800sqf room at the Le Meridien and they gave my a peloton and some weights, which makes it a bit more tolerable.

I don’t see this ending very soon, unfortunately. But for the sake of the people there (and personally know a few who are in
horrible distress right now) I hope it doesn’t drag on as long as it did in other parts of the world.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

theKid wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:06 am
Brody wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:44 am
Me too.
Done that a couple of weeks ago. Not because of possible shortages but because it simply wasn’t possible for myself and my staff to get any work done when the inter-province travel was restricted. Most of my clients had to shut shop as well so it wasn’t really worthwhile and productive to stick around.
Now back in HK, into my 2nd week of a three-week quarantine (🙄) which is an agonising drag, although I’m holed up in a decent 800sqf room at the Le Meridien and they gave my a peloton and some weights, which makes it a bit more tolerable.

I don’t see this ending very soon, unfortunately. But for the sake of the people there (and personally know a few who are in
horrible distress right now) I hope it doesn’t drag on as long as it did in other parts of the world.
I think there are a lot of people who are quietly making plans to exit. Not because they want to be elsewhere. It is because many of our home countries have vaccine available, the summer is starting off in the northern hemisphere and there is a serious possibility of Cambodia descending into even more chaos than we see today. This could happen quickly.

Plenty of nice cheap places is southern Europe and with the vaccine roll out things should be opening up nicely in few short months.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

All the alchahol I stocked up on when got the bad Pp news is goin down pretty quick
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:12 pm All the alchahol I stocked up on when got the bad Pp news is goin down pretty quick
It's only been a week! How much did you stick up on.

I have provisions for around 6 weeks if I pace myself.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

cautious colin wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:30 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:12 pm All the alchahol I stocked up on when got the bad Pp news is goin down pretty quick

Trouble is sitting at home all day and night its to tempting not to have a sip or two :beer3:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

cautious colin wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:30 pm

I only “stocked up “ a case a day ( icoulda boughtthe store on day 1 but who would carry it .. ?
but I only got to do it 4 day hence then stock feels like suger in antihill
Want to tr y to change water into wine , minus the religious hocuspocus
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic