Turn It Down !

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Turn It Down !

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia news, (Kandal): According to the National Police General Commission, the Information and Quick Reaction Team of the Kandal Provincial Police have responded to an anonymous request, which was reported in the message box of the Kandal Provincial Police:
"Dear Kandal Provincial Police Commissioner, I live in Peam village, Sambor Romeas commune, Muk Kampoul district, Kandal province. Please come and help. The owner of the house in the north of the village belonging to Touch Samet is causing a problem in the village because he always plays the bass loudly every weekend which is very disruptive to other people around."

After receiving the above information, District Police Inspector The Supreme Command ordered the police of Sambour Samas Administration Post to investigate the above case.

As a result: On the afternoon of April 9, 2021, the police of Sambour Meas Administrative Police Station went to investigate at the house of Touch Samet in Peam village, Sambour Meas commune, Muk Kampoul district. He admitted that he played the bass drum loudly on the weekends, disturbing all the neighborhood. Police educated the man to stop playing the loud speakers so loud that they disturb other people.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Turn It Down !

Post by hanno »

You just cannot make this shit up!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

So it DOES also annoy some of them!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 am So it DOES also annoy some of them!
Viet village maybe? :stir:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 am So it DOES also annoy some of them!
I know plenty of Cambodians that cannot stand the noise. A few years ago, there was a wedding about 100 meters from my house as the crow flies. They had installed speakers on the roof(!) and it made my windows rattle, it was so bloody loud. The missus and some of the neighbours went to the local chief and he had them turn down the volume.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:16 am
Viet village maybe? :stir:
There is a big drive in Vietnam at the moment to reduce the noise levels of Karaoke joints. I hope they succeed as it does annoy the majority of the locals; it is just a few dick-heads who think it is call to blast out rather shite singing all day and all night.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Cambodian police are so nice people responding positively in helping people. So now everyone is happy as Touch Samet had been educated by the kind police. Live happy endings like this.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

hanno wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 am
There is a big drive in Vietnam at the moment to reduce the noise levels of Karaoke joints. I hope they succeed as it does annoy the majority of the locals; it is just a few dick-heads who think it is call to blast out rather shite singing all day and all night.
Maybe they always played at max, it's just that the capability of the affordable amplifiers and speakers has increased a lot in recent years.

For example, the cnut who does the aerobics class on Riverside every morning at 4.30am, back in 2013 he used to have to bring a generator to feed his boombox in order to wake everyone up. Now he can just play and go. And it's louder.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:03 am
hanno wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 am
Maybe they always played at max, it's just that the capability of the affordable amplifiers and speakers has increased a lot in recent years.

For example, the cnut who does the aerobics class on Riverside every morning at 4.30am, back in 2013 he used to have to bring a generator to feed his boombox in order to wake everyone up. Now he can just play and go. And it's louder.
I remember the aerobics guy, but here in Vietnam they had huge speakers way back in '95.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

out in the provinces the monks are the worst for playing load music between 4:30am and 7am
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic