We don't need toilet paper, BUT...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

We don't need toilet paper, BUT...

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cambodian expats all had a good laugh when the Covid pandemic began and customers in western countries were getting into fights over toilet paper in supermarkets.

Laugh no more. :beer3: Now is the time of reckoning in Cambodia - Covid + KNY - there may be shortages, but of what ? Are you stocking up on anything in particular to get through lockdown, a possible future neighborhood lockdown, market closures ?

I admit, I always buy some extra beer before the holidays, because you never know. Anyone else want to own up to stocking up on "necessities" ? And are you buying more than you usually would at this time of the year ? (Due to fears of lockdown and shops closed.)

I'd be interested to hear how the posters who are in lockdown in their building are faring. There were reports that one person per household is allowed to go out and shop twice a week. Then, I read elsewhere that two people are allowed out for shopping once a week. I imagine that it's the local authorities who fix the rules so they are probably different depending on where you live. :popcorn:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: We don't need toilet paper, BUT...

Post by Username Taken »

A sack of rice and dried fish. Sorted.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:50 pm Are you stocking up on anything in particular to get through lockdown ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Good thinking Brody!

AM, get yourself a good supply of tampons.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Brody wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:24 pm [/img]
could eat that for 2 weeks

monstra mihi bona!
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Yeah. He probably works out. I know, take 24 hours off
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 pm Yeah. He probably works out. I know, take 24 hours off
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Brody wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:24 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:50 pm Are you stocking up on anything in particular to get through lockdown ?
Nice yeah, pile up some pussy in the closet in case they lock down the neighborhoods for a month.
:thumb:
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Brody wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:24 pm
Stocking up on blow up dolls? Do you wear them out within 2 weeks? That is some pretty serious usage if you do!!!
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

I always asks my friends back home when they express astonishment when I tell them that I rather wash my ass now: " If would you have shit on your face would you wipe it with paper or wash it?? They smile usually disappear.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic