Irish study: Vitamin D effective against respiratory disease and COVID

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Irish study: Vitamin D effective against respiratory disease and COVID

Post by ExPenhMan »

Didn't know whether to put this in a COVID19 thread, but decided to post it separately.

An Irish government health task force has come out solidly in favour of taking Vitamin D supplements, which strongly fights off ALL respiratory diseases, including COVID19.

Prof. Dr. John Campbell, PhD., has summarized the findings in his video space on YouTube. He has done at least a dozen previous presentations on correlation/association studies, all unanimously pointing to one thing: Low vitamin D levels have been a consistent finding among those who are easily infected by respiratory diseases or die from these diseases. And yes, those who have sufficient or above average Vit D levels have suffered little from respiratory viruses. In fact, Vitamin D not only fights off such invasive viruses and bacteria, it also works to control the body's over-reaction by the immune system, the so-called cytokine storm, which is equally destructive.

Now the Irish are advocating its citizens, who are consistently very deficient in the 25 hydroxyvitamin D serum (the active form) in the blood, take 1000 IUs daily, up to 4000 IUs/100 micrograms daily. Most northern peoples (above 43 degree latitude) do not get enough sun, especially in winter, so that the body can manufacture the 25 (OH) D, which is a hormone created in the liver and kidneys from D3. Also, those with darker skin tones will be even more deficient because their bodies cannot make anywhere near enough of the hormone.

Vitamin D has many other positive impacts on the body. I've been taking Vit D supplements (2000 to 4000 IUs daily) since July 2020 after watching Dr. Campbell's videos. One of the effects is an improvement in people who suffer depression. Now I don't suffer depression but I've noticed this year that my mood has improved markedly. It may have improved in late 2020 but I can't say really noticed until this year.

Back to the task force report: " . . . for the duration of this pandemic, people should be offered Vitamin D supplements when presented at COVID19 test centres." They're pretty serious about this and believe Vitamin D is very protective.

By the way, you can get a hospital blood test for 25 (OH) D serum in the blood. This posting reminded me to get this done this week. Sufficiency is approximately
25(OH)D: 30 nanograms per millilitre or 75 nanomols per litre. Yeah, two systems of measuring sufficiency.

Link to the doctor's Irish study report:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG72xGd0W0M&t=18s
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Irish study: Vitamin D effective against respiratory disease and COVID

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:53 am Didn't know whether to put this in a COVID19 thread, but decided to post it separately.

An Irish government health task force has come out solidly in favour of taking Vitamin D supplements, which strongly fights off ALL respiratory diseases, including COVID19.

Prof. Dr. John Campbell, PhD., has summarized the findings in his video space on YouTube. He has done at least a dozen previous presentations on correlation/association studies, all unanimously pointing to one thing: Low vitamin D levels have been a consistent finding among those who are easily infected by respiratory diseases or die from these diseases. And yes, those who have sufficient or above average Vit D levels have suffered little from respiratory viruses. In fact, Vitamin D not only fights off such invasive viruses and bacteria, it also works to control the body's over-reaction by the immune system, the so-called cytokine storm, which is equally destructive.

Now the Irish are advocating its citizens, who are consistently very deficient in the 25 hydroxyvitamin D serum (the active form) in the blood, take 1000 IUs daily, up to 4000 IUs/100 micrograms daily. Most northern peoples (above 43 degree latitude) do not get enough sun, especially in winter, so that the body can manufacture the 25 (OH) D, which is a hormone created in the liver and kidneys from D3. Also, those with darker skin tones will be even more deficient because their bodies cannot make anywhere near enough of the hormone.

Vitamin D has many other positive impacts on the body. I've been taking Vit D supplements (2000 to 4000 IUs daily) since July 2020 after watching Dr. Campbell's videos. One of the effects is an improvement in people who suffer depression. Now I don't suffer depression but I've noticed this year that my mood has improved markedly. It may have improved in late 2020 but I can't say really noticed until this year.

Back to the task force report: " . . . for the duration of this pandemic, people should be offered Vitamin D supplements when presented at COVID19 test centres." They're pretty serious about this and believe Vitamin D is very protective.

By the way, you can get a hospital blood test for 25 (OH) D serum in the blood. This posting reminded me to get this done this week. Sufficiency is approximately
25(OH)D: 30 nanograms per millilitre or 75 nanomols per litre. Yeah, two systems of measuring sufficiency.

I take a multi vitamin which includes 700 IU which is claimed to be 175% of daily value. Plus I go walking most days for an hour or two so get plenty of sun. Is this enough or should I get some supplements?
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Doc67 wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:53 am Didn't know whether to put this in a COVID19 thread, but decided to post it separately.

I take a multi vitamin which includes 700 IU which is claimed to be 175% of daily value. Plus I go walking most days for an hour or two so get plenty of sun. Is this enough or should I get some supplements?
https://wakeup-world.com/2013/06/18/the ... in-d-scam/
According to Dr. John Cannell, Director of the non-profit Vitamin D Council, healthy adults should supplement with 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily to avoid deficiency and achieve superior health.

Vitamin D Doesn’t Work All by Itself

If you take supplemental vitamin D3, it’s equally important to make sure that you’re getting adequate amounts of the nutrients that team up with vitamin D to ensure optimal utilization within the body. Based on the latest research, here are vitamin D’s most important partners:

Magnesium:  Involved in every stage of vitamin D metabolism. Having adequate amounts present is critical to proper utilization of vitamin D.

Zinc:  Each vitamin D receptor has a zinc molecule that is needed to receive vitamin D. In absence of zinc, it will not be properly absorbed.

Boron:  Necessary for the rapid action of vitamin D on the cellular wall. Being deficient in this nutrient can cause low vitamin D levels.

Vitamin C:  Vitamins C and D work together synergistically to support the body’s immune system, as well as to boost overall antioxidant levels.

Vitamin K2:  Works with vitamin D to ensure that calcium is stored in the bones and not on the walls of blood vessels.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Next up from these doctors; An Investigate look into rumours that rain is sometimes wet
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

ExPenhMan wrote:Didn't know whether to put this in a COVID19 thread, but decided to post it separately.

Many doctors and scientists have been saying this literally since the beginning of this covid crap but were ignored by most of the msm.

In the west, loads of people that died with covid were obese people. Apparently vitamin D gets absorbed by your fat, so if you have loads of fat you probably have a deficiency. They had one year now to change people's diet (and lose weight).

Covid creates inflammation in the body which can cause death. Therefore eating anti-inflammatory foods like Garlic, ginger, turmeric (with black pepper) and honey should have been promoted.

Unfortunately there is no money in making people improve their health and their immune system =/

Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Thank you. I have only read the headline, and I am off to load up on D. If stocks have run out, PM me
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Wrapped up the boss' orifices and sent her off to the pharma (she'll probably come back with a drip) and the blender store (that should keep her busy for awhile), and a shopping list she has to google items to get a picture, and downed a can of tuna and a bottle of soya milk. Aint no COVID cooties round these here parts, not on my watch. "Vaccination Sensation of the Nation"
The Lord is Mike Sheppard.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:13 am
Well, I'm hardly a doc, unlike yourself. LOL. But I can give you a link.

Below is a link to a Dr. Campbell video of the results after he did a home test/mail-in to get his 25 OH vitamin d blood level. It's only the first 5 minutes of the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXgau7WFmo&t=1330s

The doctor has often said that health authority daily minimums are very low. Also, your body's ability to input the 25 OH D into the blood depends on your body fat. The 25 OH D is fat soluble, so it takes a long time of taking supplements for this useful active form to get into the blood, especially in obese people. The only sure measure is to get a blood test for the Vit D blood level. Then your doctor/clinician can inform you of their recommendation for dosages. Dr. Campbell was taking 2000 IUs daily, but he upped it to 4000 after he got his results, which were actually average. He, I assume, is looking for somewhat better D levels for its protective characteristics.

His video channel has many Vitamin D presentations. Definitely worth a listen. Link below is full of Vit D info, during which he sets up his personal tests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2VObw1UeI
Last edited by ExPenhMan on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

On the other hand, there is an article declaring vitamin D as ineffective COVID treatment:

https://www.idse.net/Covid-19/Article/0 ... ment/63186
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ah shit! Give me every whacky theory. I'll whip them all up in the blender
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic