Funniest news I've seen for ages

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Funniest news I've seen for ages

Post by atst »

It's near impossible to eat out in Kampot without the smell of vapors or cigarettes inside or outside any restaurant in Kampot, People in Kep seem a bit more civilized and do thier smoking outside.

Kampot & Kep On Course To Be ‘Smoke Free Cities’ In 2021
July 30, 2020 2 Comments kampot, kep, smoking, tourism
Kampot/Kep: Two separate discussion meetings were held in Kep and Kampot provinces on 27 and 28 July 2021 to examine the possibility of the towns into cigarette smoke-free tourist by the end of 2021, according to the Ministry of Tourism.

Mr. Hor Sarun, Undersecretary of State of the Ministry of Tourism, held the meetings to pave the way and prepare for the promotion of Kep and Kampot as smoke-free tourism cities by the end of 2021, and to participate in strengthening and promoting a smoke-free environment.

The Undersecretary of State also highlighted the global crisis of covid-19, which we must all work together to prevent the spread of the virus in the community, and highlighted the efforts of the Ministry of Tourism to address the issue. There was the proclamation on the Implementation of the Six Tourist Safety Rules, including: Tourism Safety Rules for Accommodation, Food, Road Transport, Waterways, Tourist Resorts and for Tourism Communities to Ensure that Cambodia Remains a Tourist Destination Safe for all.

Mr. Hor Sarun instructed all sub-national administrations, especially the Department of Tourism, to pay attention to disseminating these tourism safety rules to all tourism service businesses to be properly implemented, especially during the upcoming New Year holidays, as there will be a lot of domestic tourists visiting the resorts in the provincial capital.

As a result, the provincial leaders expressed their welcome and support to promote Kep and Kampot as smoke-free tourism cities by the end of 2021.

Afterwards, the working group inspected and evaluated the tourism service businesses in the two cities to prepare and organize the necessary activities in order to promote the two cities to become smoke-free tourism cities by the end of 2021 as planned. KBN

[Mod edit: no CNE links please]
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Funniest news I've seen for ages

Post by nemo »

Highly practical and popular initiative.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

They all advertise fresh healthy delicious food and then cover it in cigarette smoke :stir:
Last edited by atst on Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Why not, I understand Battambang has, and is one of the ‘Smoke Free Cities'.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 pm Why not, I understand Battambang has, and is one of the ‘Smoke Free Cities'.
Is it working probably hard to say in these times whether it has turned customers away or attracted them.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Yes, that information was posted here almost a year ago in July 2020, but it's just chatter so far:
general-chatter/kep-and-kampot-will-smo ... 39682.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I remember a few years ago some guy on Kampot notice board asked where he could take his family out to eat smoke free , there was practically a lynch mob out looking for him the thread got removed hahaha
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Battambang tourism sites to be smoke-free

PHNOM PENH: The Ministry of Tourism has chosen Battambang to become a smoke-free city by the end of 2020 to promote public health and develop a smoke-free tourism sector.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/1817364/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

atst wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:49 pm I remember a few years ago some guy on Kampot notice board asked where he could take his family out to eat smoke free , there was practically a lynch mob out looking for him the thread got removed hahaha
Let's not be ridiculous. It's quite simple to find smoke-free zones. Inside any restaurant with A/C is smoke-free. If you want smoke-free in Cambodia then go A/C. If you sit outside then there will probably be smokers. I smoke, but I'd never smoke in an A/C place anywhere.
There's also a lot of vegan-yoga restaurants/resorts/retreats in Kampot which are probably all non-smoking.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Sorry but in Battambong and smoke anywhere without issue, maybe because im usually the only customer at the moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic