Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

Post by pissontheroof »

I wouldn’t accept any Chinese vax , or pay an astronomical price for any other thing i don’t really want even tho i am rich here .
Next thing you know that guy will say people who want trump back won’t be eligible for a visa renewal !
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

barang_TK wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:13 am
nemo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:36 pm For any other antivax recalcitrants: how do you think you will go when your visa EOS is due for renewal?
It may also be difficult to board an aircraft soon for unvaxxed people.
No EOS without vax, is it something going to be official soon ?
What about foreigners living in areas the vaccination campaign has not reached yet ?

(sorry, another off topic !)
Not likely to happen until at least Q4 22 when they open up for tourists/expats, if ever.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

pissontheroof wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:14 am
hanno wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:19 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:14 pm If not for Burger King siem reap would be a real shithole !
As it is now tho i can’t eat in because i don’t have a chinese vaccination against the chinese flu .
It’s not as good eating it at home , but it’s the only thing my little one will eat ..
You are joking, right? When I lived in SR, I was not tempted once to set foot in there (I just remembered I went once because some friends wanted to eat there; but I did not eat). Plenty of better places for a burger.
Definitely NOT JOKING !
It’s the only reason i came to SR . Before i could only get a whopper on my round trips to the embassy in Pp
When I went on a trip to thailand I had to chose between them or McDonald’s !
Grab one in Pp and eat it in the taxi .

These are much better burgers , at the other places they use too much bread , big buns and you can’t pick it up and eat it .
Pick it up and it all falls out , all of them .
These burgers are perfect and it’s clean , I do not like to eat in places with dirty kitchens or unamerican standards .
I am with you here. I see pictures of ridiculous burger about 8 inch's high, 4 inches wide and stuffed with multiple different ingredients so the whole edifice needs a skewer in the top to stop it falling over. It will just end up a huge greasy mess falling out the sides after two bites.

I can't understand why people just don't make their own.

1.Wide bun,
2. Good ground beef and seasoning only - don't fuck about with it (don't mix it with onions or the beef will steam)
3. Good quality cheese. A tiny piece of blue cheese rubbed on a hot burger will give just enough flavour without becoming a sickly mess. (See Below****)
4. A small slice of crispy bacon
5. Onions, raw is better but sparingly
6. Lettuce/tomato (or other crunchy salad material)

Finally, the sauce. A very personal matter, Ketchup, mustard, Mayonnaise, BBQ, HP, Big Mac Sauce (I have that one nailed down). The list is endless. But, of you can't make a nice tasty burger from the above 6 ingredients on their own, then the sauce is just masking the failure.

As a rule, it should never be taller than it's width if you want to eat it with any dignity. If one isn't enough, make two; it's not a crime. Just don't make a huge pile and have it squirt though you fingers and down you shirt.

A lot of restaurants have vanity burgers to look impressive but are just hopeless as a burger (see below)

Make your own McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese to see how good it can be, when home made.

Idiot burgers:

Metro on Riverside is doing burgers for $5, with a small side salad, there are multiple options. The bacon and blue cheese is excellent. Their food is always of a high standard and these burgers are no exception.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Some people like to go out and eat or some, like me, hate cooking.

I agree about idiot burgers. If you can’t hold it and eat it it’s not a burger even if it may look like one. It’s f you need to use a knife and fork then what’s the point.
People of the world, spice up your life.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I don't have the same kitchen here like I do in SR. In SR, I made all my burgers from scratch: homemade bun, homemade pickles, homemade sauces. OK, I did not slaughter the cow or make the cheese....
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

If that's an 'everything' burger, where's the slice of pineapple and beetroot? :please: :plus1:
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

mannanman wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:22 pm Not likely to happen until at least Q4 22 when they open up for tourists/expats, if ever.
I was given to understand that the 22q4 date was a misreporting that got corrected to 21q4?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:50 pm
mannanman wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:22 pm Not likely to happen until at least Q4 22 when they open up for tourists/expats, if ever.
I was given to understand that the 22q4 date was a misreporting that got corrected to 21q4?
Unlikely. Numbers are going up everywhere.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

hanno wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:37 pm I don't have the same kitchen here like I do in SR. In SR, I made all my burgers from scratch: homemade bun, homemade pickles, homemade sauces. OK, I did not slaughter the cow or make the cheese....
And no disrespect but I bet they suck. You're all proud you made everything even the buns but what I expect is every part of the burger lacked something. Leave the buns to bakers/bakeries & focus on your patty.
Far better than some shit show of you being all proud to have made all the burger COMPONENTS in some shitty hovel.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

And no disrespect but I bet they suck. You're all proud you made everything even the buns but what I expect is every part of the burger lacked something. Leave the buns to bakers/bakeries & focus on your patty.
Far better than some shit show of you being all proud to have made all the burger COMPONENTS in some shitty hovel.
Hanno is an F and B pro who manages high class hotels in the region for decades you wonderful genius.
Never assume others share your circumstances.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic