Do i post too much on CEO?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Do i post too much ?

1. No
83%
2. Yes
17%

Total votes: 12
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Do i post too much on CEO?

Post by Samouth »

taabarang wrote:Samouth, this is a community forum. True, it is geared toward the interest of expats, but shame on those expats who do not care what Cambodians think. It isn't how often you post, but the quality of what is posted. If you are happy with that so are we.
Thanks lok taa barang for remind me this. Sometime i forgot that there is almost exclusively foreigner in this forum. So, i should have always prepared myself to face the culture different.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Anchor Moy wrote:
taabarang wrote:Samouth, this is a community forum. True, it is geared toward the interest of expats, but shame on those expats who do not care what Cambodians think. It isn't how often you post, but the quality of what is posted. If you are happy with that so are we.
:thumb: Also happy to see you.

Otherwise, just be sure that you don't post anything you would be sorry for later. And that your real friends and your real life take preference to hanging out on a forum.If you think you are posting too much then just stop for a while and do something else.

And if you can't stop yourself from posting, then it's time to call CEO Anonymous - we're here to help. :beer3:
i think i will not post silly stuff on here lol.

I think that will not happen :). I am sure i can control myself, just recently i have too much free time. That's why i checked and posted quite often.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

General Mackevili wrote:Haha, posting too much? ! ? No way! ! ! I love a lively forum!

Honestly, the more threads and posts here on CEO the better!

Threads aren't always supposed to be ready to be submitted for publication, so if you have an idea for a thread, start it. If it draws lively discussion, it stays at the top. If it doesn't, it falls down, down, down....

That's what I love about forums, especially ones without strict rules. You can post it, no matter how random or crazy it it, and if it's a hit, it hangs around the front page for a while. If nobody likes it, they can just ignore it and it will slip away.

Vladimir might actually be the only member of a forum that I just can't hardly stomach these days. I would say he's the ONLY person that I truly thinks posts "too much." It's a shame, because I actually think he has the "potential" to be an all-star poster, but his good qualities are completely drowned in his repetitive bore.

In general, I'd rather see a few threads/posts that might not interest me, rather than some people deciding not to post something they're afraid might not be a hit.

As far as I know, there is not a single thread on CEO that has ZERO views. That means every thread ever created was at least interesting enough for some people to open and check out, even if they didn't get the urge to respond. We have some members that post a lot of random articles on here, and while I don't always reply, most most of them are good reads.

So yeah, keep it all coming! :Yahoo!:
Thanks GM. Thing cleared out. i will keep posting as there are so many things to share and learn from you guys and as long as i have free time. :)

Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

walkjivefly wrote:
Samouth wrote:I was wondering how to create poll. So, i went to read about it and i think it is better to have the first attempt after reading.
Do you post too much? No, you don't. It's nice that you are enthusiastic. I for one particularly enjoy your and prahkeitouj's posts. Keep them coming :-)
Thanks. @ little salary. We have got a fan. JK. Honestly i am so happy to share with you guys mostly about Cambodia and to help you all to understand more about our culture. Not to mention, we might be able to help you dealing with the problems you are facing on daily basis. :)

Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:Too much? Compare to whom? Hehe I don't know how to answer :p
I have never noticed how many posts i have posted until today. The total number is almost 800 posts. It surprised me actually :). If you look at other member's posts. They roughly have 100 posts or less than that.

AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^Just to put into perspective, I have around 10,000 posts on my most active forum username and I'm not even in the top 10, so don't worry ;)
-insert signature here
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Top Active Users
General Mackevili
Cambodia Expat Posts: 5740
StroppyChops
Cambodia Expat Posts: 5478
OrangeDragon
Cambodia Expat Posts: 3730
Soi Dog
Cambodia Expat Posts: 2056
frank lee bent
Cambodia Expat Posts: 1808
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:Top Active Users
General Mackevili
Cambodia Expat Posts: 5740
StroppyChops
Cambodia Expat Posts: 5478
OrangeDragon
Cambodia Expat Posts: 3730
Soi Dog
Cambodia Expat Posts: 2056
frank lee bent
Cambodia Expat Posts: 1808
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I could list a few people who post too much, but you're not one of them, Samouth. GM and StroppyChops are collectively on track to post more than the entire 440 archives before the end of the year.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

And as I understand, half those posts were written by OD in the year he spent posting there. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic