Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Kammekor »

Darkcel wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:22 pm Really hard to keep things closed when the rest of the country is running around like normal
Was having a beer at Sopha Vihear Sour close to Oh Russei market on Saturday night. Upstairs they have a karaoke as well. At around 10PM the boys in brown and green came to check. Not only to see if the waitresses had their vaccination card on them (most didn't) but mainly to check if the karaoke was open or not. It wasn't. The boys left empty handed.

So it's not that hard to keep certain services closed. The place was closed entirely for about two months, and they just reopened the restaurant / bar place about two weeks ago.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

National 13 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
Phnom Penh authorities re-emphasize that KTV, bars and discos are prohibited for period October 29 to November 11

In a release from The Ministry of Information today, October 29, the municipal administration of Phnom Penh has stressed again that ‘high risk’ commercial activities such as KTV, bars and discos are prohibited for the period October 29 to November 11.

So bars are a high risk activity in Phnom Penh but not anywhere else in the country?

Why?

It would be good to get a logical explanation on why these claims are made and also why some bars (special owners) can operate and not spread covid but the one next door owned by a not native born person must be closed.

If it is the number of persons in a bar then show me the bars with more than 50 people. I dont know of any.

If its crowding people close together then why do they raid some ktvs and other criminal activities (cock fighting) and either transport them by crowded bus or crowded open truck.

Just wondering what the ultimate aim is? :hattip:
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Arget wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 am National 13 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
Phnom Penh authorities re-emphasize that KTV, bars and discos are prohibited for period October 29 to November 11

In a release from The Ministry of Information today, October 29, the municipal administration of Phnom Penh has stressed again that ‘high risk’ commercial activities such as KTV, bars and discos are prohibited for the period October 29 to November 11.

So bars are a high risk activity in Phnom Penh but not anywhere else in the country?

Why?

It would be good to get a logical explanation on why these claims are made and also why some bars (special owners) can operate and not spread covid but the one next door owned by a not native born person must be closed.

If it is the number of persons in a bar then show me the bars with more than 50 people. I dont know of any.

If its crowding people close together then why do they raid some ktvs and other criminal activities (cock fighting) and either transport them by crowded bus or crowded open truck.

Hm, Vito is not a club than.... :D
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Arget wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 am It would be good to get a logical explanation ...
If I was a cynic, I would say the following...
Haha. Don't look for logic. (You should know by now. :nono: )
The ultimate aim is being seen to take action, even if the action is totally inefficient. Look busy, look efficient.

The alternative is that the big guys have a subtle masterplan in place which is beyond my (our) limited comprehension.
Up to you. 8-)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Arget wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 am National 13 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS

Why?

I think 50 relates only to private gatherings, such as wedding and funerals etc, but for the general public I think the limit is still 15. As far as I can see thee has been no official lifting of the alcohol ban, just an abandonment of anyone giving a shit about it.

I could be wrong, did I miss the official announcement about the booze ban?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

October 31, 2021
Halloween revellers arrested and party shut down

Authorities raided an establishment in Daun Penh where people were gathered to celebrate Halloween.

The establishment named Panorama is a shop and is located at Preah Sisowath Street and the corner of Street 178, in Sangkat Chey Chumneah, Khan Daun Penh. The shop was raided at 11 p.m. on October 30.

The Daun Penh District Unity raided the location after it was reported that there were noises of a gathering being heard. When police entered the shop, they found people gathered at the top floor of the building to celebrate Halloween. After police arrested and tested the party-goers, they were released and allowed to return to their homes.

The party is a violation of the administrative measures set by the Phnom Penh Capital Administration banning parties and gatherings for 14 days, from October 29 to November 11.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50962188/h ... shut-down/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Violators still violate the law! Battambang Provincial Authorities Decide to Close a Singing Restaurant!
Cambodia News, Battambang Province: Overtime Restaurant in Romchek 05 Village, Sangkat Rattanak, Battambang City, was closed by the Provincial Department of Tourism because it remained open on October 31, in violation of the measures of the provincial administration.

Mr. Ouch Ophinissara, Director of the Battambang Provincial Department of Tourism, said that the business was operating without a license, with people getting drunk in an air-conditioned room, and they were playing loud music and singing, which is against the principles of the provincial health safety rules.
The visit was made as part of a wider crackdown on karaoke places, entertainment clubs, restaurants and eateries in Battambang, in order to enforce health safety rules to prevent the spread of Covid-19 disease.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:28 pm October 31, 2021
Halloween revellers arrested and party shut down

Authorities raided an establishment in Daun Penh where people were gathered to celebrate Halloween.

The establishment named Panorama is a shop and is located at Preah Sisowath Street and the corner of Street 178, in Sangkat Chey Chumneah, Khan Daun Penh. The shop was raided at 11 p.m. on October 30.

The Daun Penh District Unity raided the location after it was reported that there were noises of a gathering being heard. When police entered the shop, they found people gathered at the top floor of the building to celebrate Halloween. After police arrested and tested the party-goers, they were released and allowed to return to their homes.

The party is a violation of the administrative measures set by the Phnom Penh Capital Administration banning parties and gatherings for 14 days, from October 29 to November 11.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50962188/h ... shut-down/
They should be locked up for even thinking about celebrating Halloween dopey idiots need to copy anything they see on tic tok.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I think its disgracefull that those elderly unvaccinated people with health issues are going to kaeoke clubs and bars speading covid. The competant authorities are just safeguarding our welfare an protecting the community.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic