Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by phuketrichard »

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50919447/p ... NbcfpsUJ30

The Phnom Penh Municipal Administration has decided to end the curfew that has been imposed in Phnom Penh over the past 21 days. However, other restrictions will remain.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Still no booze allowed, or gatherings over 15. So, all in all, it makes little difference.

I know people are openly flouting it and sneaky beers are everywhere, but it is getting boring now constantly looking over your shoulder and wondering if today is the day they get serious.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:22 am
I know people are openly flouting it and sneaky beers are everywhere, but it is getting boring now constantly looking over your shoulder and wondering if today is the day they get serious.
Not even sure the beers are very sneaky, most stopped with the coffee cups and are selling draft or cans as normal.

Seems silly to persevere with something nobody is paying attention to
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

September 17, 2021
Parts of Siem Reap designated as ‘Red Zones’
The Siem Reap Provincial Administration has issued a decision to determine parts of Siem Reap city as ‘red’ and ‘yellow’ zones to temporarily prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The statement identified the “red zones” in Slor Kram, Svay Dangkum, Kork Chak, Chreav, Ta Vien, Sala Kamroeuk and Prey Thom villages, Srang Nge village, Srang commune, Siem Reap city, Siem Reap province

Separately, “Yellow Zones’ are imposed in in Sangkat Sala Kamroeuk, Sangkat Nokor Thom, Sangkat Siem Reap, Sangkat Sro Nge, Sangkat Teuk Vil, Sangkat Krabei Riel, Sangkat Chong Khleas and Sangkat Sambour, Siem Reap City

The zones will be implemented for 7 days from 13:00 on September 17 to September 23, 2021.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50937234/p ... red-zones/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doesn't look good for a sandbox for SIEM reap in the near future.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm Doesn't look good for a sandbox for SIEM reap in the near future.
Too swampy...
MaxNormal
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MaxNormal »

Not sure if this particular map resource has been found before, or whether I am supposed to post it here if it hasn't been. Mod's obviously move or edit as is appropriate. (Mea culpa ante tempus).

It is sometimes a few hours behind updating as they can only do what they can when the news of changes comes out. I have found it infinitely more useful than the government maps that are issued with red/orange/yellow announcements as they rarely contain any useful identifying ground features to show where zones begin and end (such as roads, rivers, etc)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 62823&z=10
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

atst wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm Doesn't look good for a sandbox for SIEM reap in the near future.
now they want open SHV ( wonder who for?)
The Cambodia Business Council in Thailand (CBC) says it is hoping to hear from the government as early as this month about visa changes that could come into force soon. They would first allow tourists to visit Sihanoukville before the Kingdom is fully opened to foreign visitors, according to CBC’s president Sothea Sambath.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50938102/t ... WjcnBszQjR
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Good news for the Siem Reap red zone residents:

Siem Reap opens red zones for food delivery businesses
Mom Kunthear | Publication date 21 September 2021 | 20:34 ICT
The Siem Reap Provincial Administration has given permission to 223 food delivery drivers from three firms to transport customer’s orders to locations in the red zones after the drivers all tested negative for Covid-19.

In a notice on September 21, it said the 223 delivery drivers are from FoodPanda, Nham24 and Wing Delivery. The provincial administration will cover the delivery fees for meals ordered from these companies by people in the locked down areas.

“The facilitation of these services is being done to encourage people in the red zone areas to order food and get it delivered directly to them so they can avoid leaving their homes and spurring further transmission of the virus,” it said.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... businesses
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Is this a desperate attempt to clean up Siem Reap in preparation for opening up to tourists, just a thought or am I giving them to much credit for thinking ahead.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic