Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by BillDoe »

Angkor is watching
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

BillDoe wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:52 pm Angkor is watching
Angka is watching. Angka means organization. Angkor is a temple. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:51 pm
BillDoe wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:52 pm Angkor is watching
Angka is watching. Angka means organization. Angkor is a temple. 8)
Anchor is watching too.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia govt announce curfew violators in Phnom Penh face stiff fines, legal action
Saturday, 31 Jul 2021
8:29 PM MYT
PHNOM PENH, July 31 (Phnom Penh Post/ANN): Phnom Penh municipal governor Khuong Sreng warned that authorities would impose fines on violators of the 9pm-3am curfew without any exceptions and would not just educate them as they did previously.

Sreng made the warning as he inspected target checkpoints on July 30.

"This time we no longer tolerate curfew violation. Previously, we made some exceptions by only educating first-time offenders about the curfew and lockdown as they were not aware of the measures.

"But in the current circumstance, we cannot tolerate as we need to protect the lives of our people.

"[We] will impose fines and, in serious cases of non-compliance, apply the Covid-19 law. Offending car owners and motorists will be fined one million and 200,000 riel ($250 and $50) respectively. In serious cases, they will be sent to courts.

During the curfew, which will last through August 12, all travels and business activities are suspended. - Phnom Penh Post/ANN
https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/as ... gal-action
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

stay safe:: stay home
In Pictures: Phnom Penh under curfew
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50905429/i ... er-curfew/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:16 pm @Doc67 do you have a source for the above, or is it all in your humble opinion.

Please don't say "It's obvious, innit".

I'm not saying your wrong, just wondering about the source. :)
It is an opinion, humble or not, but it is based on some citable or accepted facts. Generally, when I write with facts and figures I source it all. The above is just my assessment of the problems the government have to deal with and if those problems can be solved or we are just stuck with them as a fact of life, like endemic Covid-19. Anyway, here are some sources and other reasoning that led me write the post:

#1. Not my most solid basis, but a friend has a father-in-law who is a policeman, and he asked a few weeks ago, where all the ambulances had gone as there were so many less of them. "They have nowhere to take them - everywhere is full" came the reply. I did post about this at the time, in in here somewhere but I can't find it and it's hardly a rock solid source. However, there is only one reason they now permit home-care over enforced quarantine, and it is not on compassionate grounds.

#2. You can get infected even if you are fully vaccinated. Is this up for debate? I would of thought that is an accepted fact. The vaccine may lessen the effects in the vast majority of people, which is a miracle in itself, but some people still get hit hard by it. Indonesia and their much reported sick and dying doctors, Israel with it's new outbreak, the UK admitting people into hospital despite full vaccination etc.

And that leads, unavoidably, to problem #3. Infections will lead to hospitalisation in some cases. How many per 1000 infections? Dunno, the statistics are being created right now in countries with advanced vaccination programmes and Delta running wild and the experiment happening in real-time- the UK is a good place to watch.

The NHS can cope and can ramp up quickly for the future of endemic infections and illness. Can Cambodia do that? I doubt it very much. It is going to have it's healthcare facilities tested endlessly because this virus is not going away anytime soon. This is a very sobering realisation for the government now that the vaccines, while good, are not an end to this pandemic.

#4 The Delta variant is here* and it is a different beast than the others. It may or may not be more dangerous, but it is still dangerous and there is no doubting it's enhanced infectiousness. The fact that is is already out in the general population means it is game over for containment (in my humble opinion). The government may agree with that pessimistic assessment and are now getting ready for what's coming down the road.

The highly virulent and fast spreading Delta Variant of COVID-19 has been detected among teachers, doctors and people in community infections in Oddar Meanchey, Preah Vihear, Siem Reap and Kampong Thom provinces.

The booster programme I mentioned is also reported to be being planned here** Cambodia is not the first of the early takers of the Chinese vaccines to do this. The UAE have been on this for some time, being early takers of Sinopharm. Now they can get AZ and other western vaccines too so they will sell out fast*** (just like they will here too.)

And there's you thinking I was just going to give a one line, "it's obvious, innit" When have I ever been so succinct? :D

*https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50905801/d ... -cambodia/
** https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50905360/c ... -vaccines/
***https://www.timeoutdubai.com/news/47168 ... ed-to-know
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not sure about others but i recall as a kid when one kid got chickenpox, Lots of others did as well an the class was isolated:
"It is very alarming but it is not surprising. The Delta variant is about as transmissible as the chickenpox meaning that for every person infected you were going to have eight or nine other people infected,” said Dr. Argentina Servin, UCSD assistant professor in the division of infectious diseases in the department of medicine.
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local ... 00a9103ad0

Than this:

Internal CDC report, quoted by NYT, says Delta variant likely to break through protections afforded by the vaccines.
The US report said that the variant was also more likely to break through protections afforded by the vaccines, adding that CDC’s decision to reverse course on masking guidelines for fully vaccinated citizens on Tuesday is based on the document.

The agency had previously said the vaccinated did not need to wear masks indoors.

Still, the CDC’s figures show that the vaccines are highly effective in preventing serious illness, hospitalisation and death in vaccinated people, according to experts quoted by the newspaper.
The Delta variant, which was first reported in India, is more transmissible than the viruses that cause MERS, SARS, Ebola, the common cold, the seasonal flu and smallpox, the report said.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/3 ... hicken-pox

So; common sense says , even if your vaccinated you can get and pass the virus so when ur around others
MASK UP
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:43 am Have you noticed the lack of ambulances on the streets lately? They have nowhere to take them. Home treatment is now commonplace and this guarantees further community infection.
Actually I have heard more ambulances in the last week than in the previous two months. I don't know whether that is good or bad :shock:

Way back pre-February I commented that if it were loose in the community, there'd be a funeral on every corner. I'm quite glad that even now, that turned out to be wrong. In fact I have only seen one funeral in months. Weirdly quieter than usual. I find that really quite strange. Are there restrictions preventing people from having them? Maybe that's what some of the Khmer announcements in the street have been about, a Covid safe policy?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

August 3, 2021
Curfew ‘no big deal’ for nearly 1,000 violators
Despite City Hall having imposed a curfew in efforts to stem the rapid spread of the deadly Delta variant of Covid-19, many irresponsible people are still blatantly violating the restrictions and going about care free at nights.

Since the curfew was imposed on Friday, so nearly 1,000 people have been caught violating the 9pm to 3am curfew.

This has led Phnom Penh Governor Khoung Sreng to consider strengthening enforcement measures to reduce the threat of such people causing a spike in virus cases.

Sreng told Khmer Times yesterday that City Hall would strictly enforce the punishments applicable to curfew violations without exception.

He said unlike during the past curfew when people without money would be given alternative punishment such as doing pushups, no mercy would be shown this time around.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50907139/c ... violators/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

City Hall issues guidelines on conditional reopening of dining in at Phnom Penh restaurants

Horaahhh...
1: Restaurants – Restaurants in hotels and restaurants – Restaurants that can ensure health safety rules, especially to maintain the safety gap between individuals and society can run a normal business and can accept customers to come to eat in their business premises. However, it is necessary to limit the number of customers in proportion to the size of the location in order to maintain the absolute safety gap of individuals and society and to ensure adequate ventilation, avoiding congestion or crowds, which is the risk of COVID-19 virus transmission, as well as drawing for customers to maintain a 1.5-meter gap in each business premises.[/quote][/i]

Boooo...
2: Restaurants – Restaurants that are allowed as in point 1 above: Absolutely do not sell alcohol or allow customers to drink all kinds of alcohol in their business premises, especially to apply the curfew by suspending All business activities between 21:00 (twenty one) to 3 (3) and must comply with the content set out in Resolution No. 249/21, dated July 29, 2021 of the Phnom Penh Capital Administration on the issuance Administrative measures in Phnom Penh for 15 (fourteen) days from 23:59 on July 29, 2021 to August 12, 2021 to fight and prevent the spread of COVID-19 disease.

Sure thing...
3: The management of the hotel and the owner of each restaurant-restaurant must implement strict health safety measures, such as the duty to wear a mask, the duty to maintain safety gaps, hygiene to disinfect, temperature measurement, QR Code scanning and must follow the instructions of The Ministry of Health, in particular, must always adhere to the three protection and three measures of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia.

4: The 14 Khan Administration and the Department of Tourism of Phnom Penh shall cooperate in inspecting all types of hotels and restaurants in Phnom Penh to ensure the correct implementation of the contents of this instruction. In the event that it is found that the management of the hotel or the owner of any restaurant-restaurant is not implemented properly or does not comply with the content of this instruction, it shall take administrative and legal measures without exception.

5: Anyone found to be infected with the Delta variant will be shot on sight. No blind fold or last cigarette will be permitted

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50907815/c ... staurants/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic