Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Freightdog »

Olala; 14th or 19th? Seems to be an error in the report. Or a connection that I’m missing.
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:10 pm ALERT: Covid on Riverside
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On the evening of July 19, 2021, the Covid-19 Sub-Committee on Disease confirmed that Olala, a bar and restaurant located on Sisowath Quay, was visited by a person infected with Covid-19.

The Olala is on Sisowath Quay, Phsar Kandal I, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. The Health authorities are warning all customers who went to this restaurant on the 14th July 2021 from 16:00 onwards, to stay isolated at home and to monitor their health for 14 days following their visit.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:37 am
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On the evening of July 19, 2021, the Covid-19 Sub-Committee on Disease confirmed that Olala, a bar and restaurant located on Sisowath Quay, was visited by a person infected with Covid-19.

The Olala is on Sisowath Quay, Phsar Kandal I, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. The Health authorities are warning all customers who went to this restaurant on the 14th July 2021 from 16:00 onwards, to stay isolated at home and to monitor their health for 14 days following their visit.
30 meters from Harry's! Careful guy's. :popcorn:
Olala is still open though. I thought they gave these places a 14 day closure order, but they are still going on as before.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:40 am Olala; 14th or 19th? Seems to be an error in the report. Or a connection that I’m missing.

It takes them that long to release the information. This is where someone who has tested positive has been tracked and traced. Think chocolate teapot.

Plus all the others who have it, never get tested and wander around the place.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:18 am
Freightdog wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:40 am Olala; 14th or 19th? Seems to be an error in the report. Or a connection that I’m missing.

It takes them that long to release the information. This is where someone who has tested positive has been tracked and traced. Think chocolate teapot.

So, without trying fall into any traps, I’d suggest this really means that

“On the 19th July, it was reported that on the evening of the 14th July, someone with Covid went to Olala, sometime from 16:00hrs onwards.”

Not quite the same thing at all.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:18 am

So, without trying fall into any traps, I’d suggest this really means that

“On the 19th July, it was reported that on the evening of the 14th July, someone with Covid went to Olala, sometime from 16:00hrs onwards.”

Not quite the same thing at all.
That's about the sum of it. Feeling any safer now?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:32 am That's about the sum of it. Feeling any safer now?
Bien sur. does that mean I’m still safe to sup a pint tonight?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:20 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:32 am That's about the sum of it. Feeling any safer now?
Depends on if you get permission from SWMBO.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:15 pm
Freightdog wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:20 am
Depends on if you get permission from SWMBO.
Permission? When she takes me for a walk later with the little fella, I might tug her in that direction.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

31 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
Curfew declared in Phnom Penh, all cities and provincial capitals effective midnight Thursday to August 12

A curfew from 9pm to 3am will come into effect from Friday 30th of July to August 12, in one of the Government’s harshest measure to date to try and arrest the spike in COVID-19 cases – particularly the ‘Delta’ variant which is threatening to run loose in the country.

Documents released by the Government at 2200 hours on 27 July state that the curfew is needed to prohibit and curb unwarranted activities which causes people to congregate and in the process, unwittingly aid in the spread of the COVID-19 virus, in particular, the Delta Variant.

Previous curfew declarations were limited in scope and areas. However, this time, it extends beyond the capital city Phnom Penh, encompassing all cities across the nation and all provincial capitals – highlighting the gravity of the COVID-19 situation in the country, despite declining community infection numbers the past two days.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50903456/c ... august-12/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Penh Trader
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Trader »

Is it hiding behind the tree?
If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts,happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic