Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Woody »

Unfortunately Pete is no longer with us
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Woody wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:05 pm Unfortunately Pete is no longer with us
Rip Pete, we hardly knew ye
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:09 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:17 am nailed it
Why don't the gyms open a 'restaurant' section so they can operate 'normally' - you know, like the nightclubs are all doing ... Time to re-open the "Gym Bar" - but one that accidentally has some decorative weights laying around?
:hattip:
“High-Risk Businesses” in Phnom Penh closed for another 14 days: All Clubs, Schools and Gyms suspended

I think it is just a continuance notice. The ban was already in place but it might have been due to expire. Many of these early announcements had time limits on them and they have so many now it's hard to keep up.

It's policy making by copying and pasting what the rest of the world has done. There is no evidence that I am aware of that gyms are any more dangerous than supermarkets or public transport.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:32 am
It's policy making by copying and pasting what the rest of the world has done. There is no evidence that I am aware of that gyms are any more dangerous than supermarkets or public transport.
Public transport? It's been so long since I saw any of that I'll need to google it.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:00 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:32 am
Public transport? It's been so long since I saw any of that I'll need to google it.
Here you go.

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I can only imagine that the fleets of busses have been put up on blocks, oils drained and filled again , windows and doors tapped to keep out all dust etc so that it would only take a few days to get them back on the road.

In reality probably sitting in a weed covered patch with perished tyres and all but destroyed motors and gearboxes filled with th sludge of last trip in them.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

For information: The markets in Phnom Penh have been subject to Covid-19 outbreaks this week, so take your precautions.

July 2, 2021
4th Phnom Penh market this week – and 2nd today – reports COVID cases
Following serious outbreaks this week at Olympic Market, BKK1 market – where over 100 people tested positive for the virus – as well as the Russian Market, yet another Phnom Penh market has reported COVID cases.
The Sub-Committee for COVID-19 has reported that a platinum jewellery seller at stall number 65 B, Phsar Ekreach III, Choam Chao, Phnom Penh has been found to be positive for COVID 19.
Those who have been in contact since June 20-29, please quarantine & monitor your health for 14 days.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50886011/y ... vid-cases/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Family Drinking Party Interrupted After Neighbors Call the Cops
Cambodia News, (Kandal province): Kandal Provincial Police Quick Information and Reaction Team is honored to respond to the public and anonymous Facebook account holders who sent a message to the Facebook page of the Kandal Provincial Police with the following content:

Hello, Uncle Neou Basith village, Makak commune, Ang Snoul district, Kandal province, there was a drinking party, shouting and shouting without any fear and not knowing where to come from. Which side is the location at Sung Touch's house? Please, uncle or uncle, help solve this problem. They have been drinking together since In the afternoon, there was no post or village chief to guide.

Immediately after receiving this information, Major General Chhoeun Socheat, Kandal Provincial Police Commissioner, ordered Colonel Mean Samnang Inspector Ang Snoul district police to lead a force to investigate the case.

As a result: On July 3, 2021, at 18:40, the Inspector arrived at the house of Soeung Touch, male, 47 years old, in Basith village, Makak commune, Ang Snoul district, Kandal province, where a family were having a get together, with a drink and a family dinner, including the parents, a daughter, a son-in-law and a guest. There was no singing.

In this case, the police educated the family, who signed a contract to stop drinking, and the officers educated them about obeying the health measures to prevent Covid-19 infection.

Therefore, please be aware that you may be denounced on social media if you break the Covid-19 rules.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Make sure you get along with your neighbors if you want to have a drink with family at home.
No singing! Were they educated to sing next time?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

atst wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:33 am Make sure you get along with your neighbors if you want to have a drink with family at home.
No singing! Were they educated to sing next time?
It really is a joke isn't it, in Australia last year we had KFC employees tipping off police when they received a big order.

Good to see the Covid Gestapo is in Cambodia too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic