Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by timmydownawell »

Jack.R. wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:57 pm Isn't just about everyone vaccinated in pp?
Cases should go down.
I have been since a long time now even if i wasn't a fan of the Chinese vaccine, about every Chinese guy and Khmer guy i know got it also.
Last time i asked for a friend they had more stock than people showing up for shots the last week.
Is the Chinese vaccine not working?
Or are they testing people with the quick test that can't distinguish between vaccinated and infected as it only detects the covid-19 antibodies?
(Because IMHO this is what are they doing 😓)
I'm not sure if PP City Hall is still publishing all the names and locations, but up until recently the vast majority of cases in PP were factory workers in (former) red zones. They deployed the army to vaccinate everyone in those areas but it takes time to do and also for the vaccine to reach its full potential. As for the rest of us, there are three districts where they haven't even started giving shots - Daun Penh is one, not sure what the other two are. 4.5 million doses are due to arrive in the next few weeks. Hoping this plan starts to show positive results soon.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jack.R. wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:57 pm Isn't just about everyone vaccinated in pp?
Cases should go down.
I have been since a long time now even if i wasn't a fan of the Chinese vaccine, about every Chinese guy and Khmer guy i know got it also.
Last time i asked for a friend they had more stock than people showing up for shots the last week.
Is the Chinese vaccine not working?
Or are they testing people with the quick test that can't distinguish between vaccinated and infected as it only detects the covid-19 antibodies?
(Because IMHO this is what are they doing 😓)
AFAIK you have to wait until two weeks after the second vaccine to be declared 'vaccinated'. One vaccine shot is better than nothing, but you need the second shot to be really vaccinated.
IMO, having the Chinese vaccine is better than nothing, but if you can get access to the Astro-Zenaca as a second shot then that's even better.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Harry's has had no notification of closure or curtailment of opening hours.

They got a visit from the sankat yesterday morning, they looked around, saw the chairs spread out and said no more than 15 people inside. Nobody dared to enquire is that included staff and the assumption was made that it does not.

I heard that Larry's has been told to close by 8.30, but that is not confirmed.

However, today is another day in the KOW.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

What about the guard at US embassy...2 shots and just tested poz?
Seeing it all over the world.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Biffsm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:22 am What about the guard at US embassy...2 shots and just tested poz?
what about posting your reply in that thread and not here?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Biffsm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:22 am What about the guard at US embassy...2 shots and just tested poz?
I don't think anyone has said you cannot test positive after 2 doses. more unlikely but not impossible.

Will be more concerning if he is hospitalised (not just quarantined in hospital but actually in need of treatment) or dies.

Testing positive doesn't mean he as sick

edit, the article even states this
Getting vaccinated (2 doses) does not mean that you can not be infected with the COVID-19 virus, it is still contagious and can still be transmitted to those around you.

Vaccination (2 doses) can only prevent you from being hospitalized in severe cases and prevent death.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

No panic, but these districts in Phnom Penh are under surveillance for Covid-19 outbreaks. Posted today.
People of Phnom Penh who live in the districts below, please be careful, don't ignore precautions, please wear masks, and keep your hands clean 100 %
Khan Pursenchey (Chom Chao 1, Kakap 1, Chom Chaov 2, Choum Chao 3)
Khan Meanchey (Steung Meanchey 3, Beoung Tompun 2, Steung Meancheey 2)
Khan Russey Keo (Toul Songkee 1, Russey keo, kilometer number 6, Toul Sangkee 2)
Khan Dongko (Battery bridge, water egg, Prek Kompis, Dongko, Champion)
Khan Sen Sok (Klang, clear water, oh break up)
Khan Chroy Chongva (Prek Tasek, Prek Leap, Chroy Chngva)
Khan Kombol (Kntok, Kombol)
Khan Dun Penh (Pagoda, Phnom pagoda)
Khan Toul Kork (good water 3, good water 1)
Khan Chbar Ampov (Prek Pra, Kbal Koh, Chbar Ampav 2)
Please everyone take care of your health if there are symptoms such as: fever, cough, cough, throat, throat, or short breath or doubt, hurry up
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

June 13, 2021
Siem Reap to enforce curfew from 22:00 today for 14 days

The Siem Reap Provincial Administration has launched a temporary administrative measure (curfew and some additional bans) from 22:00 on June 13, 2021 for a duration of 14 days.

Please note that the curfew and some additional bans apply between 10pm and 4pm.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50873215/s ... r-14-days/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

So, fellow posters, do we have updates on the present state of curfews and restrictions around the country ?
Siem Reap is back to curfew for 2 weeks, SHV too I think, and the governor of PP keeps repeating "no lockdown planned" (sounds ominious IMO). And elsewhere ?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:34 pm
Please note that the curfew and some additional bans apply between 10pm and 4pm.
Is that correct? 10pm to 4pm?

I'd imagine not
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic