Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:21 am
Brody wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:58 am
timmydownawell wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am related: also annoying when you go into a shop and a staff member shadows you the entire time.
That is annoying. I was at a small market the other day when a staff member started doing this. So I turned it into a game. I pretended to go down another aisle and when she went that way, I ducked back into the aisle I was in before and waited for her to come back around. When she did and realized what I was doing, she got a smug look and walked away, ha ha.

I think this has more to do with Cambodian shoppers......they like to be waited on hand and foot by the mart workers. I've seen on numerous occasions a Cambodian woman shopping while a mart employee is following her around carrying the shopping basket for her.

When I first came to Cambodia in 2009 I took a 'friend' to a restaurant and after we ordered, 3 waiters/waitresses just stood right next to our table for the entire duration of our meal.........quite annoying. And nowadays I wouldn't let something like that go unaddressed, ha ha.
Keep these images on your phone. If they follow you ask them if they sell this. Let them take a photo. They will go away and probably not return. If they do they will say they don't sell it (gonna have to trust me on this one). If more time is needed, ask for Coleman's mint sauce. That should give you plenty of time to finish your shopping.

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Expatriot
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Expatriot »

I do the double back thing too, only I go to the aisle which is against the wall, and perch near the top of the aisle. They speed down to find me waiting for them and they have nowhere to go. Bit mean because there are sticky barangs, but they are just being nosy with me.
Can't be bothered working out how to start a thread, so: Copper masks will kill C-19. Can some savvy one find where I can buy some please, and I'll shout you one (now I suppose they're gonna be $300 each!)
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

thank you for that great to know. Once all is clear I'll mosey on to SR and take a look around before making the big move been in PP for 4 going on 5 years a change of pace will do me good and that pool looks soooo inviting any villa in PP with a private pool is just crazy prices. PP first place I've lived in without a private pool how I miss it. Guess I could fly to PP once a month load up a rent a car and head back as well fill up a freezer.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

The multi nationals are all open making a killing while the mum's and dad small business are banned from operating, this may suit some but it's not good.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:36 am
atst wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:46 am I never went anywhere near the markets until lockdown caused supply disruption and I was trying to find some carrots. Since then I have often bought a few things from the street vendors on the way back from my walk. As soon as they move back inside the fly infested stink pits, I will stop buying.
I'm the opposite as soon as they open I won't have to go to those aircond sterile non atmosphere places where there's not a smiley face insight
I don't go to Super Duper for the atmosphere. What do you want, mood music? Disco?

I go for the choice of (almost) everything I need, the air conditioning, the sterile food storage and not having to see the fruit and veg covered in flies taking a rest from the piles of decomposing meat and fish on the same stall.

Call me Mr Picky...
No way you can get everything you need in a super duper (or any of the others)

I agree with @atst Part of the joy of Asia are the markets and what you can buy,. Most of the time fresher than what you'd get in any supermarket back at home (don't let the flies fool you) plus all the fruit and veg not sold in the supermarkets, and being are to the before you buy, it's a good little adventure
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

May 15, 2021
Red to yellow and back to Red within half a day at Por Sen Chey

A 30-meter section of Tuol Tom Pong and an intersection of Chom Chao Road at the Caltex gas station in Trapeang Thleung 1 village, on the east side of the road and the village, Khan Por Sen Chey, was closed by the authorities on Thursday afternoon.

The area was barricaded and designated as Covid-19 hot zone after being opened for more than 10 hours.

Authorities discovered that after being designated as a Yellow Zone, there were cases of people being smuggled from other red zones into this zone, risking the flare up of the virus in the zone once designated yellow.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50857187/r ... -sen-chey/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

May 17, 2021
Red Zones to be minimised to households

Phnom Penh City Hall has plans to minimise the red zones to household levels as the number of COVID-19 infection cases in the capital continues to drop.

The remark was made in a virtual meeting held on Monday and attended by Phnom Penh governor Khuong Sreng.

Such a move was made amid the number of new cases of COVID-19 infections in Phnom Penh has decreased remarkably from 500 per day previously to below 200 cases a day.

The plan will be applied from May 19 when new administrative measures against Covid-19 in Phnom Penh are due to be announced.

“Work to be implemented on May 19 is to reduce red zones smaller to the level of households, buildings, or condos,” Sreng said.

Sreng also ordered local authorities to follow up on the situation of health and food supplies of the residents in the lockdown areas.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50857943/r ... ouseholds/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tomorrow is another day, but for the moment, it looks good for most Phnom Penh residents, with food markets possibly opening at the end of this week.

May 18, 2021
Phnom Penh Deputy Governor: “almost no Red Zones in Phnom Penh” from tomorrow
Keut Chhe, Deputy Governor of Phnom Penh has said that from May 19, 2021, there will be almost “no red zones” because of the rapid decline in COVID-19 cases in the capital.

Speaking to Fresh News, the Deputy Governor also stated that some state markets and irregular markets may open after the 21st of May – but only for the sale of goods that are necessary. He also added that any reopened markets will have to strictly adhere to health regulations.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50858509/p ... -tomorrow/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

SIEM REAP UPDATE: Booze Ban Continues

Posted today on social media:
Siem Reap Daily News
26 May 2021
CURFEW EXTENDS TO JUNE 9
Siem Reap Provincial Administration has announced it will continue to suspend both the sale of all kinds of alcohol and all kinds of alcohol based gatherings and enterprises in Siem Reap for two more weeks from May 27 to June 9, 2021.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:04 am SIEM REAP UPDATE: Booze Ban Continues

Posted today on social media:
Siem Reap Daily News
26 May 2021
CURFEW EXTENDS TO JUNE 9
Siem Reap Provincial Administration has announced it will continue to suspend both the sale of all kinds of alcohol and all kinds of alcohol based gatherings and enterprises in Siem Reap for two more weeks from May 27 to June 9, 2021.
Is there anyone left in that city? Why are they so tough on them?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic