Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:46 am I never went anywhere near the markets until lockdown caused supply disruption and I was trying to find some carrots. Since then I have often bought a few things from the street vendors on the way back from my walk. As soon as they move back inside the fly infested stink pits, I will stop buying.
I'm the opposite as soon as they open I won't have to go to those aircond sterile non atmosphere places where there's not a smiley face insight
I don't go to Super Duper for the atmosphere. What do you want, mood music? Disco?

I go for the choice of (almost) everything I need, the air conditioning, the sterile food storage and not having to see the fruit and veg covered in flies taking a rest from the piles of decomposing meat and fish on the same stall.

Call me Mr Picky...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

atst wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 am not a smiley face insight
The staff at Super Duper are awesome, helpful and courteous. Especially the women who all wear nice form fitting black slacks that cup their pert little asses just so. :thumb:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Brody wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:16 am
The staff at Super Duper are awesome as well, helpful and courteous. Especially the women who all wear nice form fitting black slacks that cup their pert little asses just so. :thumb:
The first time I went to Super Duper it was so irritating. Must have had six staff with stupid red bow ties wish me good morning with a cheesy grin in the space of ten minutes. FFS just let me browse in peace. Thankfully they have calmed down since then. It was their opening week on 63 so perhaps a bit overenthusiastic.

related: also annoying when you go into a shop and a staff member shadows you the entire time.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Frankl
Expatriate

Post by Frankl »

The staff at Super Duper are awesome, helpful and courteous. Especially the women who all wear nice form fitting black slacks that cup their pert little asses just so. :thumb:
:good: Cheered up my day.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

this is off topic but talking about Super Duper I am seriously considering moving to Siam Reap since I've been offered a stunning house there with a huge swimming pool at less than the price I am paying here with no pool and god I love to swim. I've not been to Siam Reap for over 10 years wasn't impressed then the one main thing stopping me is I do most my shopping at Super Duper is there anything like it now in Siam Reap any chance the owner would put one there any time soon ?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am
The staff at Super Duper are awesome as well, helpful and courteous. Especially the women who all wear nice form fitting black slacks that cup their pert little asses just so. :thumb:
The first time I went to Super Duper it was so irritating. Must have had six staff with stupid red bow ties wish me good morning with a cheesy grin in the space of ten minutes. FFS just let me browse in peace. Thankfully they have calmed down since then. It was their opening week on 63 so perhaps a bit overenthusiastic.

related: also annoying when you go into a shop and a staff member shadows you the entire time.
Are you a particularly suspicious looking character Timmy?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am related: also annoying when you go into a shop and a staff member shadows you the entire time.
That is annoying. I was at a small market the other day when a staff member started doing this. So I turned it into a game. I pretended to go down another aisle and when she went that way, I ducked back into the aisle I was in before and waited for her to come back around. When she did and realized what I was doing, she got a smug look and walked away, ha ha.

I think this has more to do with Cambodian shoppers......they like to be waited on hand and foot by the mart workers. I've seen on numerous occasions a Cambodian woman shopping while a mart employee is following her around carrying the shopping basket for her.

When I first came to Cambodia in 2009 I took a 'friend' to a restaurant and after we ordered, 3 waiters/waitresses just stood right next to our table for the entire duration of our meal.........quite annoying. And nowadays I wouldn't let something like that go unaddressed, ha ha.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:58 am
timmydownawell wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am related: also annoying when you go into a shop and a staff member shadows you the entire time.
That is annoying. I was at a small market the other day when a staff member started doing this. So I turned it into a game. I pretended to go down another aisle and when she went that way, I ducked back into the aisle I was in before and waited for her to come back around. When she did and realized what I was doing, she got a smug look and walked away, ha ha.

I think this has more to do with Cambodian shoppers......they like to be waited on hand and foot by the mart workers. I've seen on numerous occasions a Cambodian woman shopping while a mart employee is following her around carrying the shopping basket for her.

When I first came to Cambodia in 2009 I took a 'friend' to a restaurant and after we ordered, 3 waiters/waitresses just stood right next to our table for the entire duration of our meal.........quite annoying. And nowadays I wouldn't let something like that go unaddressed, ha ha.
Keep these images on your phone. If they follow you ask them if they sell this. Let them take a photo. They will go away and probably not return. If they do they will say they don't sell it (gonna have to trust me on this one). If more time is needed, ask for Coleman's mint sauce. That should give you plenty of time to finish your shopping.

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I show them this

Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

Ozinasia wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:30 am this is off topic but talking about Super Duper I am seriously considering moving to Siam Reap since I've been offered a stunning house there with a huge swimming pool at less than the price I am paying here with no pool and god I love to swim. I've not been to Siam Reap for over 10 years wasn't impressed then the one main thing stopping me is I do most my shopping at Super Duper is there anything like it now in Siam Reap any chance the owner would put one there any time soon ?
The 4 main supermarkets in Siem Reap are Angkor Market, Makro, Lucky, and a new one called Asia Market.

Angkor Market is similar to Superduper with a lot of imported products.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic