Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:19 pm May 14, 2021
It’s no alcohol sale for Preah Sihanouk Province until May 27
The Preah Sihanouk Provincial Administration today announced that the ban on alcohol sale has been extended for another two weeks due to the spread of COVID-19.

It said that they had to make this decision as the coronavirus situation in the province was not improving and thus peoples’ movement and gatherings need to be restricted.

The temporary ban on the sale of all types of alcohol has now been extended until May 27.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50856986/i ... il-may-27/
Can anyone confirm this ? News sources are contradictory.
This was posted on Facebook today, saying that the travel ban in and out of Sihanoukville has been lifted, and that the islands are open for business... but are they serving beer, since there was the above alcohol ban announced today ?
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Markets in capital to stay shut for another week
Publication date 14 May 2021 | 21:46 ICT

Phnom Penh municipal governor Khuong Sreng has decided to extend the closures of state-owned markets and improvised ones – such as those near factories, hospitals or residential areas – throughout the capital for another week in a bid to contain the Covid-19 community outbreak.

In a directive issued late on May 14, Sreng said: “All ... markets must remained closed for another seven days, effective at the onset of May 15 through May 21.”
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... other-week
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:05 am Markets in capital to stay shut for another week
Publication date 14 May 2021 | 21:46 ICT

Phnom Penh municipal governor Khuong Sreng has decided to extend the closures of state-owned markets and improvised ones – such as those near factories, hospitals or residential areas – throughout the capital for another week in a bid to contain the Covid-19 community outbreak.

In a directive issued late on May 14, Sreng said: “All ... markets must remained closed for another seven days, effective at the onset of May 15 through May 21.”
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... other-week
They closed Samaki market ... put tape all around it and across the roads.
It was very effective. Not 1 seller.
It wasn't as effective at stopping all the traders from setting up just around the corner mind ... so not sure what they achieved. Shut In Name Only ?? a fitting acronym too.
Expatriot
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Expatriot »

SINO.
Expatriot
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Expatriot »

SINO.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I actually like the market stalls out on the streets. Makes it all feel more vibrant (especially after what it was like during lockdown) and is safer in terms of distancing than everyone jammed in the markets.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I think people will be reluctant to go the inside parts of the markets even when they open. But rainy season may change hat!
I can't see why they don't allow the shop units on the periphery of markets to open, such as the Psar Kandal units on the east side of st 13.

The problem for the sellers atm is that the cops periodically harass them to move on so they are constantly on edge and worried that they may have to take their stock home, or try to find another pitch.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I never went anywhere near the markets until lockdown caused supply disruption and I was trying to find some carrots. Since then I have often bought a few things from the street vendors on the way back from my walk. As soon as they move back inside the fly infested stink pits, I will stop buying.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jack.R. wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:45 pm Many cafe's around my area have opened and allow clients to sit in or out with distanced tables.
What area is this?

Has anyone seen other hospitality places allowing people inside?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:46 am I never went anywhere near the markets until lockdown caused supply disruption and I was trying to find some carrots. Since then I have often bought a few things from the street vendors on the way back from my walk. As soon as they move back inside the fly infested stink pits, I will stop buying.
I'm the opposite as soon as they open I won't have to go to those aircond sterile non atmosphere places where there's not a smiley face insight
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic