Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by alexvanlaar »

Artisan wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm What an utterly mess these threads have become.
why???
because of this Brainfuck called Covid nearly everybody became a robot, even/especially the natives (blame them...) and me too!
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

alexvanlaar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:04 pm
Artisan wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm What an utterly mess these threads have become.
why???
because of this Brainfuck called Covid nearly everybody became a robot, even/especially the natives (blame them...) and me too!
No Alex, it was more of a remark - or a sneer, depends how one reads it - how easily things can go off topic. e. g. just read the first page of this topic, without any disrespect to the posters.
Yes, testing times it is, for everybody.
It would just be nice to see posts related to those threads. Nothing more, nothing less.
pebbles&nightsky
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Agree with you. It seems that asking posters to post in a thread adapted to their post topic is a bit challenging for some of our members. I think the lockdown has had an effect.
Since the mods have better things to do than to give posters a spanking for being naughty, bring on the CEO dominatrix. :assasin:
Or, even better :OD:
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: ↑Thu May 06, 2021 11:31 pm
No need for inter-province quarantine measures, except for people suspected to be infectious, says HE today.

Governors told to scrap quarantine requirement for in-bound travellers
Post Staff | Publication date 06 May 2021 | 17:28 ICT
Prime Minister HE has instructed provincial authorities not to impose a mandatory 14-day quarantine for people entering their territories. The measure, he said, should only applies to those suspected of carrying Covid-19.

In an audio message on May 6, he said that after the government lifted the lockdown of Phnom Penh and adjacent Takmao town in Kandal province, some provincial governors had issued directives mandating a 14-day quarantine for those entering their provinces .

“Doing this is not different from the act of forming a state within a state. It’s like I went to Indonesia and I have to undergo quarantine for 14 days. If we do this, it's like we are placing the whole country under lockdown,” he said.

The prime minister advised that only those suspected of having contracted the virus be placed in quarantine and ordered provincial governors who had introduced this requirement to revise it quickly as it could interrupt people’s movement.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... travellers

Preah Sihanouk scraps quarantine requirement for airline passengers
Ry Sochan | Publication date 05 May 2021 | 21:02 ICT
Preah Sihanouk provincial governor Kouch Chamroeun has cancelled the quarantine requirement for inbound passengers from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.

The quarantine measure was introduced on April 29 in a bid to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus from the country’s main Covid-19 hotspots.

Exemptions were granted to passengers who were transiting the province before travelling to other countries; travellers to hospitals, health centres, maternity centres or emergency medical facilities; passengers who are either public or private medical staff, civil servants, firefighters; armed forces who are carrying out missions for their units; and passengers with essential and urgent reasons to skip quarantine, or as permitted by the authorities.

The decision dated May 5 said: “Cancel the 14-day quarantine requirement for travellers entering Sihanoukville via flights from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.”
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... passengers

Is this news item being posted anywhere else, because it is very noteworthy and something that would normally draw members comments - but not on this thread.
----------------------------------------------
Here is a post copy and pasted to be discussed and commented about.
pebbles&nightsky
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I was thinking Kampot should do the same as siem reap eg quarantine, but it's just stupid people in phnom penh have already been isolated from 3 weeks , and are people going to be put in quarantine every time they travel to a different province crazy
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Artisan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:32 am CEOCambodiaNews wrote: ↑Thu May 06, 2021 11:31 pm
No need for inter-province quarantine measures, except for people suspected to be infectious, says HE today.

Governors told to scrap quarantine requirement for in-bound travellers
Post Staff | Publication date 06 May 2021 | 17:28 ICT
Prime Minister HE has instructed provincial authorities not to impose a mandatory 14-day quarantine for people entering their territories. The measure, he said, should only applies to those suspected of carrying Covid-19.

In an audio message on May 6, he said that after the government lifted the lockdown of Phnom Penh and adjacent Takmao town in Kandal province, some provincial governors had issued directives mandating a 14-day quarantine for those entering their provinces .

“Doing this is not different from the act of forming a state within a state. It’s like I went to Indonesia and I have to undergo quarantine for 14 days. If we do this, it's like we are placing the whole country under lockdown,” he said.

The prime minister advised that only those suspected of having contracted the virus be placed in quarantine and ordered provincial governors who had introduced this requirement to revise it quickly as it could interrupt people’s movement.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... travellers

Preah Sihanouk scraps quarantine requirement for airline passengers
Ry Sochan | Publication date 05 May 2021 | 21:02 ICT
Preah Sihanouk provincial governor Kouch Chamroeun has cancelled the quarantine requirement for inbound passengers from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.

The quarantine measure was introduced on April 29 in a bid to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus from the country’s main Covid-19 hotspots.

Exemptions were granted to passengers who were transiting the province before travelling to other countries; travellers to hospitals, health centres, maternity centres or emergency medical facilities; passengers who are either public or private medical staff, civil servants, firefighters; armed forces who are carrying out missions for their units; and passengers with essential and urgent reasons to skip quarantine, or as permitted by the authorities.

The decision dated May 5 said: “Cancel the 14-day quarantine requirement for travellers entering Sihanoukville via flights from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.”
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... passengers

Is this news item being posted anywhere else, because it is very noteworthy and something that would normally draw members comments - but not on this thread.
----------------------------------------------
Here is a post copy and pasted to be discussed and commented about.
The prime minister advised that only those suspected of having contracted the virus be placed in quarantine

From the viewpoint of the Provincial Governors, that's just about everyone coming from Phnom Penh.

I get the point of HE's remarks about "a state within a state", but he doesn't seem to grasp the principle of devolved power to the regions and the Governors that govern them. Or is a governorship nothing but a huge gravy train available to the highest bidder?
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

The governor here had the right idea but he was a week too late. Too many had already fled PP and come to Siem Reap. Siem Reap is more spread out than PP so hopefully we avoid huge outbreaks but there is little doubt that we'll have infections.

What I don't understand is how many of these folks started showing up a week or a bit more than a week ago - I guess the interprovince ban ended prior to the PP lockdown ending and they had the ability to leave PP anyway. The sheer number is likely why the governor put out his announcement (which lasted all of one day). Its disappointing because it makes the two plus weeks of being cooped up virtually worthless when you allow folks to flee PP for Siem Reap to avoid the end of their lockdown.

We'll just keep wearing masks when we do go out and hope for the best.
Expatriot
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Expatriot »

I've been doing that most of my life.
Is Cambodia a red country? Can we easily fly to a country we are not a resident of, from here? Has anyone got an alternative to a last minute ticket purchase due to having to do the test less than 73 hours before the flight? Apart from being prepared to forfeit your ticket if you positive. Sorry this may be a bit off topic; I'm new around these parts; what if our flight is during curfew?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Oh dear another 2 weeks alcohol ban in phnom penh, see you all in Kampot
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

atst wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:50 pm Oh dear another 2 weeks alcohol ban in phnom penh, see you all in Kampot
Great idea to have people leaving PP red zone for Kampot, spreading the fun. :facepalm:
(Hope that you have stocked up on beer.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic